Chapter 27

11th September, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Justin

I yawned as I made my way slowly down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was 1:30AM and I was craving something. Something like strawberries and Nutella. Oooh, yes! Strawberries and Nutella. Mmmm. Yum.

Venturing into the kitchen, I walked over the kitchen fridge and a frowned when there was more strawberries. Suddenly I burst into fat tears. I ran -walked- out as fast as my pregnant self could. Climbing the stairs I ran into mine and Jason's room. "Jason!" I cried. I shook him little to wake him.

"Mmh? Baby, what's wrong?" He asked sitting up. "Why are you breathing heavy? Is something wrong with the baby?" He asked worried and concerned. "There's no more left!" I cried into his arms. Jason's eyes widen as I screamed in his face. "What? Baby? No more left of what?" He asked gently, pushing the hair on my forehead away.

"There's no more strawberries!" I cried. "It's all gone!" I sobbed. "No more! I'm gonna starve!" I cried.

"Justin! Justin! Listen baby," Jason said, turning my head with his thumb, slightly rubbing my jawline.

My teary eyes meet his cerulean blue ones. "You're not gonna starve. Alright? I'll go out a buy some more. Yeah?" He asked as I leaned into his touch.

"Now did you run up the stairs? You were breathing heavily," He noted. I nodded slowly. "Babe, you know, you shouldn't be running," He said softly. I nodded again. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Okay why don't you get some rest while I go out and get them strawberries, yeah?" He asked as he laid me down. "Okay," I said sighing.

"Alright, did you need anything else, my love?" Jason said as he stood beside the bed in his grey sweatpants and white shirt. Now that I think about it..

"Could you please get me chicken nuggets?" I asked shyly. "Of course, babe," Jason said leaning down and kissing my forehead. I smiled at his gesture. "I'll be back soon, beautiful," Jason winked.

"Jason!" I called out. "Yes?" He asked walking in back through the door. "Um, don't worry about them chicken nuggets. You're already getting me strawberries, that's enough," I said suddenly insecure, thinking how much I've been eating lately. It's sure to add to the weight.

"No, it's okay, I'll get both," He said. I shook my head sitting up, the blanket going down on my lap making me realise, I'm only in Jason's large shirt because mine aren't fitting so well. Because I'm fat.

I burst into another round of tears and sobs. "Baby?" Jason called. I looked up at him with blurry eyes just sobbing. "Baby? C'mon, what's wrong my love?" He asked sitting down next to be on the bed.

"I'm fat! How can you love me?" I cried. "Oh baby," Jason whispered pulling me into his embrace. "You're not fat. Don't ever say something like that. Never. Baby, you're pregnant with our baby boy," He whispered trying to calm me down by rubbing my back. "Even if you were, I'd love it even more," He added.

"And I love you so so much! How could I not? Everything about you is loveable," He continued. I shook my head not believing him.

"Yes, first, you're carrying our baby boy, you have this gorgeous glow on your skin, your baby bump is so bloody cute. When you wear my clothes and they reach down to your knees and make you even smaller. I live for it. That's not all, you have the warmest chocolate brown eyes that I simply get lost in. They're so mesmerising. You have the prettiest smile that lights up the world. Lights up my world. Your eyelashes are to die for. You have a jawline that could kill for days. Little cute button nose that scrunches up when your find something weird or when I kiss it. Your luscious hair, my lord. Love it. Your lips, ugh, so soft, so pink, so tempting, so sweet. Don't even get me started on your voice. It's so angelic. Everything about you is perfect. Baby you're perfect to me," He finished while I was in a waterworks.