Chapter 8

22nd February, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Jason

It had been three weeks since Jake started school. He loves it. He tells me everyday I come to pick him about his adventures with him and his best friend Jade. Apparently she has the same blue eyes as me. I couldn't help but wonder if that 'Jade' was my daughter. I remember she had the most prettiest blue eyes that were piercing same description as Jake's.

It was 11:45am and I was currently sitting in the living room, with the ac on high, sorting out papers for my night club, Club Noir, to undergo renovation. I sighed. Just then my phone rung.

No caller ID

"Hello. Jason McCann speaking." I answered. "Hello, Mr McCann. It is Mrs Rose, principal from Summer Bay." The person had said. "Oh hi, is there anything wrong?" I asked concerned she has rung me up. "Yes. You see Jake was in a fight." She replied. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Oh, okay. I'll be there soon." I said and hung up.

I grabbed my car keys, wallet and sunnies. Locking the house and walking to my car. I got in. I started the car and glanced out the windscreen to the house next door. We still haven't met who lives there. I reversed out and turned up the radio.

After the short drive, I saw another Range Rover but it was white. I locked the car and made my way to the office. As I passed through the administration office, I saw a guy about the same age as me. He was speaking to one of the office ladies. His voice was familiar. He was wearing black jeans with a plain white t-shirt. Much like what Justin used to wear. His foot was tapping on the floor.

"Of course sir. Would you like to pick up Jake aswell?" The lady asked. "Uh sorry. I don't have a Jake here. Only Jade ma'am." He said. "Oh sorry sir, it's just that they had the same last name Bieber-McCann." She said. Then it clicked. I glimpsed at the person.

I gasped. Oh my lord. Is this real? I can't believe.

I stood up. "Justin?" I called. He turned around and saw me. He took a moment to look at me. "Jason." He breathed. His eyes slightly watered. I walked over to him and smiled. "Hey stranger." I greeted. He had let tears fall down his cheek. I lifted my hand and wiped my thumb to stop them. "Hi." He said and wrapping his arms around me, burying his face in my neck. I breathed. I've missed his warm embrace. My skin tingling from the skin contact. I heard a chorus of "aww's" in background making remember people where watching. We pulled away.

"W-what are you doing here?" He asked, his brown orbs staring into my blue ones. "Uh Principal called and said Jake had gotten in a fight." I answered. "Wow, really? He asked surprised. "Mhm, what about you?" I asked. "I need to pick up Jade so we can go back to America to see my mum. She's in hospital." He said. W-what? Jade goes here. That means Justin lives around here!

I looked at him worried. "What's wrong with Pattie?" I asked concerned. He looked like he was about to cry. "Um, they said she was involved in a car accident." He whispered, tears spilling slowly. "Hey. Hey. Hey Jay. She's gonna be alright." I assured him even using my nickname for him. "How do you know? You haven't seen her." He said. "Because she's your mother. She's strong." I answered.

"Daddy?" I heard two little voices. I looked from where the direction was to see two similar faces. Jake and Jade. "Jake! Goodness what happened?' I asked. He had a bruise forming on his wet cheeks. "Daddy! I'm sorry. I was just helping Jade! I swear." He exclaimed pointing to Jade who was with Justin. What happened?? I thought.

I looked at Jade. Wow, she's really beautiful. She's grown a lot. Her eyes a shade darker than mine. She was basically the girl version of me of what I looked like when I was younger.

Justin said something to Jade and she looked at me and smiled. I returned it. He walked over with her. Justin looked at me for a moment. I give him a nod in agreement.

Holding Jake on my hip still, I shifted him abit. His head was rested on my shoulder. He let out soft light puffs of air through his mouth meaning, he was slowly falling asleep. Seems like everyone he's in my embrace he falls asleep instantly. Though he does love sleep. He can sleep anywhere.

"Sweetie, remember when I told you, you had another daddy and a brother?" He asked. She nodded. "Well this is them?" He motioned to Jake and I.

"We know." Both Jake and Jade replied. Woah okay. Jake took his head out of my neck and smiled. I shared a look with Justin, he was as shocked as I was.

"How?" Justin asked. "Miss Emily asked if we were twins because we looked the same and we both have the same last name." Jade answered. Smart. "Wow, uh and you're okay?" Justin asked. They both nodded their heads.

"Well that was easier then I thought." I said. Justin nodded his head agree. "So that means you're my daddy too!" The twins both said together. They looked at each and giggled. Wow second time. Twin thing?

"Daddy!" Jade had made grabby hands at me. I looked at Justin and he smiled. He walked closer to me. We had swapped twins. "Hi buddy." Justin greeted smiling at Jake in his arms. Jake giggled and hugged him tightly. Looking at them both I smiled. They looked like twins.

"I've missed you babygirl." I said into Jade's strawberry scented hair as she wrapped her small arms around me. "I love you." She said. I almost cried right then. I cuddled her into my chest even more.

Justin's phone had rang again and Justin frowned. "Okay I'll be there soon." He whispered. He looked at me and I frowned. He looked broken. "It's okay." I said.

Whispering a goodbye to my babygirl, I handed her to Justin and he placed her in the car seat as I did the same with Jake.

"Okay I gotta go. We'll catch up soon." Justin said. He was looking down. I lifted up his chin with my index and middle finger and he looked up into my eyes. The hazel brown that I adored. "Of course love. She'll be okay." I said. We exchanged numbers.

"When we come back..." Justin trailed. His phone rang again. He looked at me. I nodded in understanding. He walked to his car and opened the door, I doing the same. "Jason." He called. I looked up at him. "Yeah?" "I've missed you." He said.

"I've missed you too..." I smiled.

👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣

1164 words! -not edited-

They've finally crossed paths. Family reunion!😍👏🏽👏🏽

The reactions were boring. Sorry! I wanna finally get in the story!

Question: Does anyone like the new cover?

The twins knowing already... Yeah not much of them bc this is not their story lol. Maybe in the sequel yeah?

💋S.