Chapter 38

28th December, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Justin

I smiled to myself as I felt the cold ring around my finger. I can't believe we're getting married again.

To be honest, I don't know why we divorced. We could of just broken up and left at that. But we thought, it was the end. The end of us. Ignoring our feelings.

I never stopped loving him. I worried every hour not knowing where they were. After the papers were signed. We went separate ways without a goodbye. Maybe because it was harder. Yeah?

Though our feelings were way stronger which is why it was so easy to get back together and put everything behind.

I smiled to myself again and snuggled into Jason as he slept peacefully.

--------------------

I smiled as Jason spoke through the baby monitor. It just been a couple of minutes since I woke up to an empty bed.

"You're a cute little baby, aren't you?" He cooed smiling.

I watched as he held Judah in his arms safely and walked over to the rocking chair placing in the corner and sat down.

Judah made a little crying noise.

"Nuh uh, chicken, we have to be quiet. Daddy just got to sleep," He whispered looking down at our beautiful baby boy.

It's been almost three days since Judah arrived in the world and it's actually been really quiet.

We got released the day after which was Boxing Day.

We were expecting to get up all hours of the night to tend to him but nope. Only once or twice.

Though Jason and I found ourselves up and in his nursery every so often the past few days.

We realised, Judah is a huge sleeper. That's gonna be problem when he's older.

"Now my little sweetheart, why don't you go back to sleep? Huh? You had a feed and a song now all there is left to do is sleep!" Jason grinned making Judah gurgle happily.

He stared at him with a fond smile. "You're so cute it hurts!" I laughed.

Jason got up and walked over to the crib and placed him in gently

He switched on the little music box above his crib as it started moving and played a soft soothing tune.

"Goodnight my little angel, sweet dreams," He whispered before placing a kiss on his hair.

I smiled and pulled the blanket up. Soon Jason came in and crawled into his side. He wrapped his arm over my waist and pulled me closer.

"I love you," He whispered, not knowing I'm awake.

"I love you too," I smiled turning around.

"You're awake darling?" He questioned. I nodded. "Yeah,"

"Did I wake you?" He asked worry in his eyes. I shook my head.