Chapter 25

20th August, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Justin

"What? Is there something wrong with the baby?" Jason and I asked frantically. Dr. James shook her head. "Oh god no," She said. "Your baby doesn't want you to see their gender, just yet," She explained looking at the screen.

"They have their legs closed, is all," She said pointing to where our baby is growing on the black and white screen. Sure enough there was a little fetus in a fetal position. Not giving us any sense on what they are. "Oh damn! I really wanted to know," Jason whined.

"It's okay, we can make another appointment soon," Amanda suggested and we nodded.

"Okay so do you wanna hear the baby's heartbeat?" She asked. "Ohhh yes please!" Jason said excitedly, almost jumping up and down.

"Alright," She said. I looked at Jason and squeezed his hand. I smiled with him returning the same gesture. He brought my hand up to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to the back of my hand.

All of a sudden, the room was filled with one of the most beautiful sounds known to man. Or ever. Our baby's heartbeat.

There was two heartbeats, mine and peanuts.

"Aww," I said, tearing up. "It's so beautiful," Jason said starstruck.

"Your baby has a healthy heartbeat," Dr. James smiled.

After a few moments, Dr. James gave us the sonograms and turned on the lights.

"Alright, well the baby is healthy and good. I will see you two next week yes?" She asked.

"Of course and thank you," I said smiling as Jason and I walked out the door.

We made an appointment for next week and quickly -well as fast as I could walk- to the car.

"The baby's gonna be stubborn like you," Jason said, turning out of the car park. "Oh, I know," I said agreeing, placing my Raybans on. Jason laughed. "I love you," He said, holding my hand. "And I love you," I said, smiling.

"Okay now for a very serious matter," I said oh so seriously. "What?" He asked looking concerned. "I'm hungry," I said sheepishly. "Of course babe, we're gonna get something to eat now," Jason said, turning right when the lights went green.

"Do you wanna walk in or drive thru?" He asked pulling into McDonald's. Which I was currently craving right now. Well McDonald's chicken nuggets.

"Uh, drive thru. I'm gonna message Alex and say we're gonna pick up the kids since we're already here," I said, looking at the time realising it was almost 3.

"Alright, what do you want?" Jason asked while we waited next in the lane to be served. "Uh, 10 pack nuggets in a meal, chocolate thick shake, a McChicken burger, a double cheeseburger, oh yes with extra cheese and pickles, please," I said while Jason looked at me. "What? I'm hungry and our baby is extra hungry," I said dismissing the conversation. "Babe, what you eat, the baby eats,"He said, moving the car forward in the lane. I nodded. "Yeah, so?" I said. Like I said the baby is extra hungry. "You don't even like pickles," Jason laughed, looking in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, well the baby does," I said ending the pointless conversation. "Okay," He surrendered, driving up the speaker.

"Hi! What would you like?" The girl on the speaker asked. "Uh yeah, could I get 10 pack nuggets in a large meal, a McChicken burger, a double cheeseburger with extra cheese and pickles, a large Big Mac meal, 3 happy meals and 2 bottles of water and a medium chocolate thickshake please?" Jason said finally taking a breath which made me laugh.

"Okay, Coke for the drinks?" She asked. "Ah, a large Sprite for the nuggets and Coke for the Big Mac meal and for the happy meals 2 sprites and a fanta," Jason said. "Okay, yep, would you like me to repeat the order?" She asked, even though we could see on the screen what we ordered. "Please," Jason said.

"Alright, that's a large 10 pack nuggets meal with a Sprite, a large Big Mac meal with a Coke, 3 happy meals, 2 sprites and a Fanta, a McChicken burger, a double cheeseburger with extra cheese and pickles, a medium chocolate thickshake and 2 bottles of water, is that all?" She asked after read the order. "Yep," Jason said.

"Okay, that's $62.36, drive thru," She said. Damn expensive much.

(an: I can say right now, that's probably the near the amount it actually costs here, give or take five dollars, it get expensive at Maccas.)

Jason moved the car forward. Before I could put out some money Jason stopped me. "What are you doing?" He asked. "I'm paying for the food," I said. He shook his head. "It's algoods babe," He said showing me a green hundred dollar bill. "Are you sure?" I asked sitting back but still trying to pay my share. "Yep," He said.

"Hi! That's $62.36, thank you," The girl said, as she looked out the window she froze. "Oh-oh my god, your...your Justin Bieber.. And Jason.. Your Jason!" She stuttered. I could tell see was a fan. "Hi lovely," I smiled waving. "Omg Justin Bieber Justin said hi to me and called me lovely! Omg I was talking to Jason McCann. Holy fuck! I'm dying!" She fangirled to herself.

Jason laughed. "Aww love, don't die, we need you," Jason said. We watched amused at the young girl almost crying. "Oh my god! I'm dead! Life goals!" She said. "I love you both so much! And the twins! Oh they're so cute! And Justin! You look stunning!" She gushed. "Aww we love you too! And thank you!" I said.

"Bye beautiful!" I said as Jason had to drive froward so we could collect our order. "Hello, here's your order. Have a nice afternoon," The girl said handling Jason the paper bag filled with food and drink trays. She looked so bored. Damn why are you working here then?

(an: two types of girls..😂)

"Aww the first girl was cute! I love my fans," I said smiling. "Mm I love them too," Jason said pulling out of the McDonald's car park. Jason clicked the button on the door and his window went up.

"Eat up babe," Jason said. I nodded and grabbed the bag with the chicken nuggets that were calling my name. (an: me😂👐🏽)

🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟

1069 words! -not edited-

Gotta love them Maccas cravings.

💋S.