Chapter 9

12th March, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Jason

"Daddy I'm hungry." I heard Jake announce from the back, followed by a cough. I take a quick glance through the rear-view mirror to see him looking out the window. Looks like he's really tired even though he's just slept. "We'll get something when we get Daddy and Jade." I said before making a right into the pick up area at the airport. He nods tiredly. It's been 3 weeks since Justin left to see his mother. Pattie was now stable and alright. She convinced Justin that she was fine and that Jade is missing too many days of school so he had to go back. He didn't want to but he agree he told me.

I offered to pick up them up this morning which he accepted. Parking the car I got out and helped Jake out of his seat. I got my aviators and keys and my wallet. "Papa, hand." Jake said reaching up to grab my hand. Recently, the twins have called me 'Papa'. I don't mind at all. Saves the mix ups of names. I'm 'Papa' and Justin's 'Daddy'. It happened when we were face timing. It shocked both Justin and I as they said it at the same time, but nonetheless I was quite happy with the given name.

"Sorry, buddy." I said wrapping my large hand around his tiny one. We walked through the airport to the terminal Justin said his jet was at. Terminal B. Suddenly Jake ripped his hand from mine and started coughing really loud. I bent down on my knees to his level. Ignoring the stares. Softly patting his back. I looked at his eyes to see they were teary. My poor baby. He always seems to get sick during the first few weeks of Autumn.

Quickly getting him a bottle of water, I opened the lid and brought it to his lips. Once he was done, he nodded. "You alright now baby?" I asked concerned. "Yeah papa." He said, reaching his arms up wanting me to pick him up. I immediately complied. He wrapped his small arms around my neck and rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel the heat radiating off him. I rubbed his back frowning. I hate when he's sick.

After 15 minutes Justin walking with Jade. She was swinging his hand back and fourth. Justin looked up and I'm guessing he spotted us because he shot me a smiled. He leaned down to Jade and whispered something in her ear, pointing over to my direction. She immediately looked up and smiled. She waved excited and I returned it.

They finally got closer and Jade ran up to me and hugged my legs. "Hi papa!" She smiled looking up and me. "Hey sweetie." I smiled. Still rubbing Jake's back. He had fallen asleep.

"Hey love." I greeted Justin, giving his a side hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hey Jase." He said. "How was the fli-" I got cut off by a cough. Jake's chesty cough. Justin frowned. He made eye contact silently asking what's wrong. 'Sick' I mouth. He frowned again and began rubbing Jake's back soothingly.

Jake leaned back. "Hey babe." I said kissing his warm cheek. "Look who's here." I said letting him turn around. "Daddy." He smiled, stilled tired. Always tired when he's sick. "Hey baby, you're not feeling too well?" Justin asked. Jake shook his head. He made grabby hands at Justin. Justin pulled him into his embrace, kissing his forehead. Jake wrapping his arms around Justin. He's extra cuddly when he's sick or tired. In this case both but he's a hugger. He loves hugs.

"Papa." I heard. I looked down to see Jade pouting. "Your are you pouting beautiful?" I asked picking her up and hitching her on my hip. "Jakey is sick, papa." She informed me as if I didn't know. Aww.

"Aww Bub, he'll be alright." I assured her. She nodded and looked back at me. She suddenly smiled. "I missed you." She said hugging me. "I missed you more." I said hugging her tightly.

"Jase wanna go now? There's paps." Justin asked. I looked around and noticed a couple of paps taking photos but not coming near. Which I as kinda grateful for. He walked up to his body guards and said something to them. They nodded and left with the bags. My guess he wanted them to be dropped off at his house.

"Alright let's go." He said walking back over. We all walked out, or rather Justin and I walked out with the twins attached to our bodies, to my Range Rover. I had brought another car seat for Jade, as I'm assuming we'll be together often.

"Hungry daddy." Jake whispered coming from his light slumber. "Okay buddy, we're going to get food. I know Jade's hungry too." He said getting a nod from both twin.

We finally got out of the airport and on the city roads. "How was the flight?" I asked making a conversation with Justin. "It was good thanks for asking, Jade slept most of the flight as always." He said and I nod. "And your mum?" "She's good." He replied.

"You can always go back to see her if you want. I can take care of Jade." I offered. "No. No. It's okay. She'll be able to go out soon." Justin said. I stopped at the red light and turned my head to look at him. His expression looked exhausted. He must be tired.

I grabbed his hand, interlacing our fingers and resting them on the console. I looked at Justin as he was staring at our hands then he look back up at me. He smiled and I squeezed his hand. "I've really missed you Jase." He said getting into deeper conversation. "Me too, babe. Me too." I said making a right. I looked over my shoulder to see both twins were asleep.

"We should reconcile Jase." Justin said. My heart started beating faster. Are we really gonna get back together? "We should." He said. Am I speaking out loud? Oh my lord. He chuckled. "Yeah you are."

"Anyways my reason is.. Well our divorce breakup whatever you wanna call it, was mutual. We were both busy to be with each other and whatnot. And now back together when it was 3 years ago I thought I'd never see you again, only on the tv or media." He explain. Likewise.

"And I don't know. I've really missed you." He continued and squeeze my hand. Me too... "Alright." I smiled. He grinned. "Really?" He asked and I nod my head. "Of course, my love for you is irreplaceable." I said. I saw a light blush on his cheeks. Aww

"I love you." He said. "I've always loved you more." I said leaning over and his cheek after I parked the car. My heart is beating excitedly. It's a good day today.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

1157 words -not edited-

My babes are back together😍😍😍

Poor Jake is sick too😔

💋S.