Chapter 10

12th March, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Justin

"Okay who's ready?" I asked as I noticed we all finished our breakfast. Jake who was sat on my lap ate a little bit of his pancakes. Poor baby. I could feel the heat from his cheek that was pressed against the side of my neck. He's got a temperature.

Jason was conversing with Jade, laughing and nodding to her babble about stuff like dolls and dresses and the colour pink. Her usually conversation with people. I smiled, in the few hours I've seen them together their bond is strong. They both look so alike, even act the same. It's crazy!

Jake jolted again coughing into his hand. I grabbed a wet wipe and wiped his hand. "My poor baby." I whispered. I looked up to see Jason smiling at us in adoration and I blushed.

"Okay let's go." I said getting up with Jake in my arms still. Jason stood up and let Jade slide out of the booth. He picked up the tray and walked over to the bin, throwing the rubbish.

"Is he okay?" Jason asked from my side. He was holding Jade's hand as she swung it back and fourth like she does with mine. I nodded. "He'll be okay. You just gotta give him medicine. You went to the doctors right?" I asked. "Of course." He nodded.

We got both kids into the their seats and hopped in the front. Jason pulled out of the McDonald's restaurant parking and onto the road. "Okay it's 11:45am. You guys must be tired. Did you want me to drop you off at home or come to mine?" He asked, his eyes trained on the road.

"Uh do you mind if we go to yours for a bit?" I suggested. He smiled and nodded. "No of course." He said and turned left into another street. As for the next hour Jason and I talked about my touring and his successful club he has going. I'm proud of him. He always said he'd open up a club and now he has.

"Okay we're here." Jason announced and I looked at the house. My eyes widen. "Are you serious? You live here?" I asked. He looked at me confused. "What? Yeah?" He said, his eyebrows furrowing. "Jase! Look that's my house pointing to the house next door." I explained smiling. A wide grin spread across his lips. "Babe we live next door to each other! Now that explains why no ones been there every time Jake and I went to meet the people that lived there. It was youse!" He said. Wow who would of thought. "Yeah!"

"Now that I know that. Do you mind if I just go get Jade and I a change of clothes?" I asked. "No by all means Jay." He said. We got out and helped the children out of their seats. "Daddy! Look we live next door!" Jade said pointing to our house. "I know sweetie! Isn't that cool?" I asked and she nodded. "Okay let's go get a change of clothes then we'll be back." I said leading Jade to our house. "Babe, I'm gonna give Jake his medicine and put him to bed, aight?" He said. "Yeah, we'll ever back." I nodded.

"Daddy! I can't believe we live next door!" Jade said still smiling. "Okay baby, I know. Me too. Let's go give you a quick bath and a change of clothes." I said walking up the stairs with her. "Okay make it quick. We're gonna spend the rest of the day at Papa's." I said. I helped her washed her hair and body. I let her play around for a minute to go get her clothes ready. A pair of grey Nike sweats and a pink shirt. Casual.

"Okay Bub, let's go." I said to her. I wrapped the towel around her and brought her into the room. "Out these on babe." I said, helping her into her clothes. "Done." She smiled.

"Okay imma have a quick shower." I said and she nodded. She was occupied by her iPad. After showering I slipped on a pair of Calvins and grey sweatpants and a plain white v neck. Similar to Jade's attire.