Chp 4 A Cop

The days who followed I was studing for my exam. I wanted to be a Cop, not an Lawyer anymore. I wanted to give my mom justice. And Rick never showed up again. The ring he gave me, our Promising ring, took I off a few days ago. I couldn't believe he would come back, he never showed up. Or even called. I couldn't believe he did that. I kept studding, and studding. It was getting a little bored. My dad helped me with Sasha. Sasha was growing so fast, not latterly. But she spoke fluently, and could walk fast too. She was a little big girl. MY little bug girl.

-6 months later-
I walked trough the doors of this Gigantic building. This was the plave where I could become a Cop! It felt amazing, and nervous that I was. Holy crap. I was so nervous, not to understand. When I screwed up, I never can give mom justice that she earned! I reported myself, and took place. I waited and waited. Everyone was called and I sat there in my own. No one around me, Was I to young? No, no. They can't say that at the last moment, right? Oh gosh... This is really a very nervous situation. I felt my hands that where getting a little sweaty. I was so nervous, every single person could see that!

"Katherine Houghton Beckett?" A white male called my name, I stood up and walked towards the man. We shook hands and he leads me into the room, the room where I could Screw up. Or become a Cop.

"Take a seat Mrs.Beckett." Another man said, as he ordered I sat down on the chair that was right in the middle of the room. "So Mrs.Beckett, what does you want to be an Cop?" He asked.

"Well, my mom is died about 4 years ago, and her case is never solved. I really want that her killer is behind bars. And that my mom finally gets justice!" I explained. The man looked at his partner and nodded.

"No more reasons?"

"No, I just want to guve her finally what she needs to have, she have all rights to get rest. To get justice!" I said and the man nodded. "What if I am not safe? What if her killer will take me, or my dad? Or worser my Daughter!"

"You're a mom?" I nodded. "Well let me ask some questions about yourself Mrs.Beckett." I nodded again, and was thinking about what I said. "What's your age Mrs.Beckett?"

"I'm 19 sir."

"19? That's very young, But also very risky. You know it's hard work?"

"Yes sir I do know that."

"You sounds very, confident. Yes, why?"

"Like I said, my mother."

"Have you any leads who could do this to her?"

"No, I haven't seen her in months before she died."

"Divorced?"

"No, journalist."

"Oh, did you know where she was working on?"

"Is this part of the exam, sir?"

"Kind of, I can give you some lead for when you will get the job at the NYPD." I froze. 'If you get the job' does it means I have passed my exam, and that I could be an Cop? "Yes, you passed your exam. We have seen your School Results. You're a great student. Giving everything to get the best! That's what we need, and a Youbg Fresh mind! Amazing!" I couldn't help but smiled.

"But that's amazing!"

"You need to write some answers down on the paper and then you're done here. We will mail your dossier, and things you need for being a Cop!" He handed me a piece of paper and a pen. I nodded at him and starts writing down the answers. After a silence 20 minutes I was done writing and handed the papers back, gave him my Email, and he leads me out. When I stepped out he said something "You will be an great Detective!" I smiled and he wished me the best. He dissapeared inside and I walked out the building, I breathed in the fresh air.

"I have passed my exam, I am a Cop!" I said to myself, not caring that people could hear it. I walked towards the subway station, and took the right one home.

When the name "Tribecca" was sounding all around the subway, I stood up and walked to the door. Waited until he gets open, and walked out as a Happy Bird. I haven't been so happy once before in my life! I just couldn't believe that taking this exam would be so easy. I guess the others did a lot more than me. I had a talk, signed a paper. And headed off home. "That's how you pass your exam" I laughed when I tought about that. I leaved te subway station, and took my walk to my apartment in downtow Tribecca. As usual my dad was waiting there with Sasha. When I needed to do something, dad took care of her. When I reached my door, I heard Sasha talking with my dad. I slowly opened the door and Sasha's eyes where growing.

"MOMMYYY!!!" She screamed and runned as fast as she can to me. Jumped in my arms and holds me tight.

"You made it Katie! How's it going?" Dad stood up and walked to me, gave me a kiss on my cheek and I smiled.

"Well, I got it. I passed my 'Exam' I-I can't believe I did this Dad!"

"Wait? You passed your exam? Oh my Katie! You're gonna be the best Homicide Detective ever!"

"How you know that so sure?"

"Look at you Kate! You where become a Lawyer if Johanna didn't die. You where become have a family with Richard. If he never leaved. You where pregnant, and you're a great mom without Richard. Sasha needs a dad, ofcourse. But you're great on your own. And you will get the job!! I knoe you Katie! You can get everything you want!!"