11

I was sitting at lunch when I saw Adam, a guy in my year, ask his girlfriend Megan to prom.

Her face lit up at his proposal and they hugged before engaging in a seemingly eternal makeout session.

It was disgustingly sweet. Maybe I was just irked by it because I knew I'd probably never have something cheesy and typical like that.

I turned around and glared at Silas.

He looked taken aback, his blue eyes looking helpless like a child. "What did I do now?"

He almost looked afraid of me.

I huffed, setting the apple I was about to eat down. "For a smart guy, you sure are dumb."

"That doesn't make sense Aspyn."

"You don't make sense." I replied childishly and rolled my eyes.

He squinted and caught sight of the couple I was observing a minute ago, still in their  everlasting liplock. Like a lightbulb going off in his head, he turned back around to me.

He sighed and put his hands up in surrender. "Okay! Okay..."

I smiled triumphantly. "Finally."

"Aspen, will you..."

"Yes?" I grinned eagerly.

"Pass me my drink?" He winked. "I'm really thirsty."

I growled and threw his drink at him.

"Ouch! C'mon Aspyn, don't be like that."

I ignored him.

He shrugged. "We're not that kind of couple, you know that."

Ouch.
It always hurt to hear him label and limit us as something less than other couples, like we weren't a real one.

I picked up my books, trying my best to look unaffected by his comment. "Yeah, whatever. I have to get to class."

I walked away from him and he didn't come after me.

Authors Note: Almost at 100 reads, thank you so so so sooo much for the support! However, I would like it if you could maybe drop a comment or a vote now and again, just to show me you're actually enjoying the story because if you aren't there's not really an point in me posting it I suppose. & don't worry, the story will lighten up soon xD