30

I was surely in no fit state to be handling a steering wheel but I couldn't spare a thought on being practical as I speeded my way to the hospital.

Every red light I stopped at seemed to be a year long event, and when I was actually forced to stop and think I started to panic.

Nearing yet another crimson light, I frowned and hit the pedal harder, skipping it altogether. I didn't care, I just needed to get to him.

I pulled up and parked messily in the car park, sprinting to the entrance.

My mind ran wild as I beelined to his ward.

"Aspyn?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't you get tired of me?"

I quirked an eyebrow at his random question.

He noticed. "Ah it doesn't matter, I'm out of it anyway. Forget i-"

"You make me feel alive. When I'm with you it's like I just woke up from a restless sleep that I didn't even know I was in. My reactions are faster, my thoughts speed up until they're a jumbled mess and words come out so freely and lighthearted that it's like I'm a different girl altogether... how could I ever get tired of that." I didn't realise the words that flowed out of my mouth, (which only proves their candor), until I had finished and then blushed once I had.

Did I sound stupid?

I averted my eyes from his intense stare and coughed awkwardly. "I mean... no."

"Weird." Silas commented with a lopsided smile, leaning back on his pillow and staring up at the ceiling.

"What is?"

"I feel exactly the same way."

---
---

"You staring at the snow again?" Silas asks in an amused tone.

"It's so prettyyyyy." I exclaimed, engrossed in the image of the snow collecting outside.

"You know what's prettier?" He asked.

I looked at him questioningly.

"Me." He says with a smirk and then laughs when I glare at him.

"Kidding, kidding." He says, with his hands up in defence.

I just pouted in response, to which he came closer and pulled me close so my face was in his lap, looking up at him and then he softly kissed the tip of my nose.

"Pretty isn't good enough for something as precious as you." He mumbled deeply.

I rolled my eyes teasingly. "Is that your weird way of telling me I'm not pretty."

"Yes."

But before I could glare again he added "You're not pretty, you're beautiful." Then he smirked. "More importantly, you're mine."

---

Those memories, our story, it couldn't just end like this. Could it?

I ignored Hallie's, his nurse, panicked look as I stormed through the word and her calls as I swung open the door to his room.

My breath caught in my throat and I had to lean back onto the wall for support, my knees suddenly going weak.

My eyes teared up and blurred the image of the small paper aeroplane I had focused on.

The small paper aeroplane... on the empty bed.

Authors Note: The End.
For now atleast, I think I'll leave the rest up to you. What do you think happened to Silas?

Death? Discharged? Transferred?

And will the truth ever be learned? Idk but for now, this completes my messy little novella.
For anyone reading this until the end, from the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you for sharing this journey for me.

I believe this, even though not the first one I've written by far, may be the first book I've actually finished. So it means a lot to me

I don't know when the next time I publish on Wattpad will be, as I'm probably gonna focus on my exams for a while. BUT I'm always around, reading some nonsense. So *terminator voice* I'll be back.

Thank you again :')
-Mini

PSYCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Did you really think I would leave you hanging like that? I lied and added an extra chapter. Go on, go read it @-@