The End.

"Aspyn"

"Aspyn"

"Aspyn!"

I began to hear a calm voice when the loud buzz in my ears began to fade and I refocused on Hallie, who was stood before me.

I breathed heavily and gasped for air. She bent down towards me and put her arms gently on my shoulders to steady me.

"Aspyn, you're having a panic attack. Try to take deep breaths and count to ten."

I followed her instructions desperately, counting way too fast. When I had sufficiently  calmed down she gave me a sad smile.

"He's dead isn't he?" I cried.

"No he isn't Aspyn."

Isn't?

The shock hit me all too fast and I waited for her to continue. "It's not good news though, he's in a pretty bad state. He's in critical
surgery right now... it's not certain he'll make it."

"I have to see him."

She shook her head firmly. "You can't do that right now but as soon as he's out of surgery I'll ring you."

I clenched my fists.
I'm not leaving him again.

"No." I said. "I'll wait here, I'll wait until he's out."

Hallie looked like she wanted to argue but I think she knew it was of no use. "Very well then."

I waited on the bench closest to the operating room with my head in my hands. I was exhausted. I looked up pleadingly with every bed that passed, hoping that it was him. Hoping that he made it out alive.

How could I leave him in this state? No matter what his state, I shouldn't have left him. That's what love is, sticking with someone even when they don't want you to- but they need you to.

Well I was going to stick with him this time no matter what.

---

Sometime later I woke up on that same bench, being gently shaken by Hallie. Her concerned eyes made me want to break down in tears.

I searched her eyes for an answer. "Is he...?"

She nodded. "He's alive." But then she added. "But he's far from okay."

She took a seat next to me and I broke down at her next words...

---

I took a deep breath before stepping into the room timidly. There he was, laying on the bed, hooked up to too many wires to count.

He was fast asleep, which pleased me, he looked like a child again.

I took a seat beside him and gingerly took his pale hand.

"Guess who's back?" I laughed bitterly and then hung my head low, clenching my teeth. "I... I know what you said about me never leaving, and not wanting me here. But I don't care, I'm not going anywhere not matter what you say and there's nothing you can do or say to change my mind. Because I freaking love you, you stupid, egotistical, narcissistic idiot...

So if something  were to happen to you and I wasn't there... I don't think I could ever forgive myself."

I sighed, admiring his sleeping state and leaned forward to place a kiss on his forehead. "Do you understand now Si? I'm here until the end."

He groaned softly at my touch, somehow having the energy to have a little amusement in his voice. "Have it your way then."

I laughed with tears in my eyes. "You were awake that whole time?"