29

I talked to Dylan for a while and then he guided me to the dance floor for one dance.

One dance turned into two and two into four and all too fast it was 2 am and I had my arms around Dylan's neck as we swayed to the slow song that everyone else seemed to be dancing to.

We laughed and we joked and did everything you would expect. It was all so... normal. I was addicted to the normality of it.

In that moment, I didn't want to stop smelling the whisky and deodorant scent that had overpowered the house or stop hearing the deep bass of the DJ's sound system wracking my body.

I wanted to stay like that for a while longer, a teenage girl having fun with a teenage boy at a teenage party.

It was nice to worry about being busted by the police for underage drinking rather than a nurse for exceeding visiting times.

I knew reality was waiting. But if I could stay like this for just a little bit more...

---

I woke up in a bed that didn't belong to me along with Emma and Olive.

Judging by the pink decor I guessed it was Emma's.

I squinted at the harshness of her lampshade's blinding light and flinched at the sudden pinch on my temples, even the air sounded too loud.

I groaned when I recalled the night before and figured out that I was hungover.

I had danced pretty much all night and then when we finally started to get tired, the three of us hailed a cab back to Emma's and immediately crashed.

I cringed at the feeling of last night's makeup clinging to my pores and the boozy scent of my hair.

I yawned, stretching up on the bed before hauling my sorry ass up and dragging myself to the bathroom. I switched on the shower and washed my face while waiting for the water to warm up.

Once fully cleansed, I decided to try and sober up with a cup of coffee and sat at the kitchen counter stuck in my own thoughts.

But I wasn't really thinking about anything, I was just letting myself... be.

The sun was shining through the screen door and I tilted my head up, enjoying the warmth tickling my skin.

beep

I gazed down at my phone, it had been abandoned all night. I lazily checked it, expecting a text from my mum.

Dylan: Did you wake up as hungover as me? •_•

I chuckled lightly at his text, but my smile dissolved fast when I saw the three missed calls from the hospital.

I clumsily punched in their number and slammed it to my ear. "This line is busy, please hold and we'll get to you as soon as-"

I hung up, grabbing my coat and making for the hospital.

I lied. I don't really hate you Silas. I never could.

Please be okay.

Authors Note: I hope from this you should see how fragile Aspyns emotions are. She's slow to move on from something but it will only take her a second to fall back in. It's kind of my vision of love, it's strong but also so so fragile.
Right... I'm done not making any sense for the day (:
I think you should expect the last, and FINAL, chapter tomorow. See you then!
- Mini