19

I sat at the desk in my room, a pencil pressed between my lips as I typed my notes from my pad to my laptop, music playing loud in my headphones.

Sometimes I got so consumed by the music I don't hear anything around me, which is why I didn't hear my mobile ring the first two times.

The third time I noticed it flashing and took out an earbud.

The screen said it was an unknown caller. I hit the answer button and pressed it against my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Miss Aspyn Nylon?" A woman said formally on the other side in a soft voice.

I frowned. "Yes...? Who is this?"

"I'm ringing from Hembrooke City hospital, we've just admitted a patient that listed you as their emergency contact."

My confusion continued. "Who?" Did something happen to my mum or my dad?

"Silas Ashford."

Suddenly I couldn't hear the music anymore. Just the pounding of my heart.

Silas?

"Is he okay? What happened?" Is the first questions that came to mind.

"I'm afraid he was driving drunk and got into an accident-"

"I'll be right there."

Without another thought I grabbed my coat and ran out the door, my heart pounding with fear.

I needed him to be alright, I needed to know that wherever he was in the world he was okay. I never hated him and I never would or could, such love couldn't turn into a dark and ugly thing like hate. I still always cared, I still wanted him to be happy. I never considered the event of him ever getting hurt.

He's such an idiot, I endlessly told him off for his drinking but he never listened.

My body felt electrified and on edge, I was erratic with thoughts of him being in danger. How can someone cause me to feel so much worry?

I swear, if you're alive Silas, I'll kill you for making me feel like this.

Authors Note: dun dun dunnnnn... (Me trying to be dramatic). Trying being the operative word ha
-Mini