13

"Mornin ditz."

My eyes fluttered open to his form half sat/half laying in the bed next to me, a cheeky smile playing on his pinkish lips.

I let out a dopey, dreamy smile back. "Morning." I laughed, stretching as I sat up and slumped next to him.

He turns to face me, looking at me for a while.

"How do you do that?" He whispers, his green eyes boring down into mine with boyish fascination.

I blush what I imagine to be an unattractive fuchsia and shrug. "Do what?"

He smiled softly. "Be so effortlessly beautiful."

I responded by throwing a pillow at him with an embarrassed laugh. "Yeah, whatever Casanova."

Before I could do anything he stood up and walked over to the easel stood in the centre of the room, tearing off a sheet of paper and glancing at me mischievously.

"Really Silas? Right now? I just woke up."

He didn't respond and I watched as his wrist flowed over the pad with ease and his eyes flicking over to me every so often.

I sighed, deciding to give into his antics with a giggle and winking. "Paint me like one of your French girls."

"Allons donc, vous êtes l'un d'un genre."

I didn't have a clue what he had said, but it still managed to make feel like I was a melting ice cube.

I loved to watch him draw, he rarely let me see the part of him so I tried to soak every moment in. The determined gleam in his eyes as he moved his pencil was breathtaking.

He looked proud of whatever was on the paper. "Done."

He came over and grabbed my hand, taking me up to the easel. The girl on the paper looked oddly unreal, like someone from a storybook or movie.

"That's not me." I frown.

Granted, she had all of my features but there was just something extra in the drawing that seemed out of place. Her skin glowed more, her eyes were brighter and her lips were softer.

His arms wrapped around my waist from behind and his lips reached my ear as he whispered "Thats how I see you."

I turned around and caressed his cheek like I was lovestruck and then slapped it lightly. "Guess you need to go to specsavers."

His cheek was slightly red and he looked a little shocked. "You're so going to regret that." There was that mischief in his emerald eyes again.

I took my chance and sped off down the stairs, hearing his footsteps nearing.

"Silas go away!" I say, failing to keep my laughs in.

He captures me by the wrist and pulls me into him so that my back is pressed against his chest and tickles me until I can't breathe.

Now I'm sat here, drowning my sorrows in glass of fizz and rocking with my knees up to my chin with pathetic tears.

It could have been different, it didn't have to turn out the way it did.

Why couldn't people see him like I did?

Just as good as he is bad.

Authors Note: WE REACHED 100 READS! I know it's not much but I'm actually so happy about it. Thank you so much, that's why Im updating earlier today. I may double update and post a little later.
So like I said this book is a bit all over the place, the structure definitely needs revising but I think it makes sense that, that was a flashback... Right? Okay I kinda lied but only half lied when I said that this was a happy chapter but ya know what they say right? Don't be sad it's over, be happy that happened. Ah look at me being all inspirational, yes it's okay to cry ... That's all for today folks!
-Mini (when the authors note is longer than most of my chapters oops)