Chapter 32: Bad Blood

*A/N: Double Update, enjoy it's a Kevin special! Don't forget to comment as you go!

Sunday [13:21]

Kevin

"Babe? Dee?" I mumbled into my pillow and looked up once I received no reply. Realising she'd already left I rolled out of bed grabbing my t-shirt that she slept in last night, unfortunately that's all we did, sleep.

After taking a quick shower tidying up, I slipped into grey joggers and a grey t-shirt. I stopped at the top of the stairs to take another call from Stephanie.

"How's it going?" I spoke into the phone. "Well, I'm free today so I can swing by later?" I waited for her reply. "How's that supposed to work, Deena can't suspect shit" I huffed. "Yes I know .. Fine we'll go to the mall but it has to be quick I got other things to take care."

I heard someone in the kitchen and started making my way down the stairs. "Aight, thanks and take care" I said cutting the phone and putting it in my back pocket.

Just as I was about to go into the kitchen Deena popped out shutting the door behind her.

"Morning sleepy head" she smiled up at me.

"Morning gorgeous" I smiled leaving a kiss on her lips. "When's your interview?" I asked once I saw her dressed up in a white shirt, blue jeans that fitted all to well and pumps with her hair slicked back showing off her face. Yeah I pay attention to my girl.

"In 2 hours" she said taking a look at her watch, grabbing my attention again. "What you up to today then?"

"Nothing, probs gonna chill with Deon" she nodded. "You good to stay for breakfast?" I asked, trynna step past her into the kitchen.

"Actually I invited someone over for you" she moved with me blocking my path, I gave her a confused look but once she opened the door and I made eye contact with my moms. I couldn't contain my anger. I can't believe Deena would pull this shit after I told her to leave it alone.

I kept rubbing my face thinking of the best way to deal with this.

"Son?"

"Don't, I am not your anything!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Kevin" Deena whispered placing her hand on my arm. "I think you should hear her out."

"No Deena, what the hell were you thinking? I told you not to get involved and I knew you would pull this type of bullshit."

"Bullshit? They contacted me and I thought you should at least talk to them, you can't just go living your life without at least settling what ever it is."

"That's exactly it Deena, you don't know what these psychotic people put me through and here you go trying to fix everything!"

"That's not fair, I was just-"

"Trying to help fix my broken family? I don't need you to interfere every fucking time" she just stayed silent for a while giving me looks that could kill.

"Yet you don't feel the need to tell me what's going on?"

"How can I trust you with my past when you can't even support my decisions? I told you to lay off and when I'm ready I would've told you." I didn't know how to make her understand and instead ending up blowing off on her which is the one thing she can't take, when I'm mad at her.

"Who's Stephanie?" Dee suddenly asked doing a complete 180 on the subject.

"What?!" Is she being serious, I'm about to flip. "Are you kidding me right now?"