Chapter 33: Troubled Pasts

Deena

1:20am

I woke up in the middle of the night after having some messed up dream, and went downstairs to go get water.

I walked into the kitchen and jumped when I turned the lights on, and saw my mom just sitting there in the dark.

"Omg mom you scared me" I huffed, pouring myself some water. "Want some?" I offered.

"No I'm good baby" she replied coming out of her trance. I suspiciously eyed her and looked at the time on the microwave that read 2:46am.

"Mom" I softly whispered getting close to her, her eyes were glazed with tears and she had dark circles underneath her eyes.

"Mom what's wrong?" I softly asked, alarmed at what could have her upset this early in the morning.

"Nothing I can't handle Deena just go back to sleep" she readily dismissed getting up.

"Is it cause Reece's back?" I asked prompting her to sit back down.

"Argh what have I ever done to that boy" she suddenly blurted out, running her hands through her face in frustration.

"Nothing" I simply responded, leaning over the island as I took a sip. "But I'm pretty sure his not why your sitting down here at this time" I added nodding towards the time.

"Mm well this time he decided to bring Tracy with him" Mom sighed now looking annoyed more than anything.

I nearly chocked up my water when I heard the name. "Wait what?! He brought his mom to town?"

My mom stayed quiet, just silently laughing to herself. I looked at her puzzled.

"What?!" I muttered putting the glass down.

"That was my exact reaction" she lightly chuckled.

"So I'm guessing Dad told you she was here" I asked eying her.

"Yh" she sighed getting up, "this should be interesting" she smiled.

Kevin

I got up straight as I heard footsteps downstairs. I quickly looked at my alarm and saw 01:34am, before pulling my gun from under my pillow and my silencer from under my bed.

I quietly walked downstairs as the noises and whispers got louder. Yo who the fuck was this in my crib at this time. I buss the corner into my living room, and saw 2 hooded figures and all my furniture and shit thrown on the floor.

I brought my gun up and took the safety off which made them turn around, pointing their guns at me.

"Nigga who you" I asked pointing my gun in between them.

"Don't worry nigga Mackie sent us" a light skin nigga with a cross next to his right eye spoke, "he wants what's his" he continued.

I laughed to myself, as I thought of how stupid Mackie must be if he thought I owned him anything.

"Listen Kevin we ain't got nothing personal against you but Mackie ain't fucking about" the other nigga warned.

"Aight I hear you niggas still! And tell Mackie I hear him too" I sarcastically replied, "now get the fuck out my house before I blow your heads off" I warned stepping towards them.