#7: Sentiment-Sherlock

A\N: It was raining today in school when we had a fire drill and this came to my mind.

~Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

Caring is not an advantage. Sentiment is a chemical default. I don't love anyone. Why did it have to be Sherlock Holmes your heart hurt for?

You wiped away your tears as you slammed the door of 221B, swinging around your coat over your head against the cold rain. The rain hit your bare skin like it would go right through and the water washed the street like a river would rise. London was in a terrible state, it had been raining for at least three days and in that time, you and Sherlock had spent a lot of time together. That was until he acted like, well, Sherlock Holmes. The unfeeling, empty machine.

Beneath the sound of the city traffic, you couldn't hear your own footfalls. You were so completely wet and numb that did you didn't feel the splashing of the vehicles or the wind that blew so hard that the litter swirled into the air like the poor relations of autumn leaves. Your jaw clenched to stop another sob. How could you have been so stupid? Of course, he didn't care. You ignored how wet your Vans got, water sprinkling on your ankles as you went to walk faster. You had to get out of London, you couldn't stay here when the one person you wanted to be with didn't feel a thing for you.

Why did you have to just blurt it out? You shook your head, tears dripping off your chin now as you peered through them and the wild rain. The streets passed in a frigid blur, you didn't know where you were heading for, anywhere that was away from that sociopath you supposed. The coat over your raised arms dipped a little from the heavy rain; the patters threatening to cave in your clothing and take it away with the rest of the wind. You nearly skidded to a halt at the edge of the pavement, watching as cabs sped past you. It was then that you realized that you had nowhere to go. 221B was your home. Where could you go? Your shoulders slumped sadly, tears tracking down your cheeks as your eyes dropped to the floor. Your scarf whipped wildly, a flutter of colour in the wind.

It was then you heard fast footsteps. You didn't have to turn to see it was Sherlock pacing quickly towards you. You scowled to yourself painfully before sharply turning down to another street to avoid him. You didn't want to talk, there was enough that had been said. You knew he didn't care about you and you just wanted to get away before you were wound up in his web again. You feet began to thump heavily, puddles splashing as you began to run away from him.

You could hear Sherlock running as well. "Y/N!" He shouted, his pace quickening. You pursed your lips, shaking your head as you turned down an alleyway to get away. You heard him pant, annoyed, as he rounded the corner too. "Y/N. Wait!" He was just behind you now and his hand had just reached out to hold onto your elbow.

When his fingers curled around you arm, you froze to the spot, Sherlock walking around to look at you. You yanked your arm off him, glaring angrily through tears,"Get off me." You had begun to walk away again, but he grabbed on to your shoulder, bringing his arms underneath your coat and holding it up with you.

In the rain Sherlock's hair became one with his face, wetly draped over the bone structure that drove you insane. Some of his curls still hung out though, droplets of water falling off them as he stepped closer to you and backing you up against the alley wall. You had nowhere to go and nowhere to look but his eyes. Even if you did try to run, he'd easily catch you up anyway so you excepted your fate and met his piercing gaze. His expression was serious. You wonder if he knew how crazy that drove you, how it made you want to feel every inch of his skin. "You told me today you loved me." Sherlock stated, his head bending down slightly to you.

You nodded a little regretfully and looked down. "A mistake."

Sherlock took his hand and nudged up your chin slightly, his pale eyes staring seriously into yours. He seemed to struggle to think of what to say for a moment, you watching how his lips moved in hesitation before Sherlock finally said,"I told you I didn't love anyone."

"Yes." You breath, your back pressed against the wall as he took another step closer to you. "You have a knack for being an arse, you know." You laughed bitterly and went to leave, but he held you in place.

Sherlock's face neared yours underneath your coat,"I made a mistake today, didn't I? I hurt you." You stay silent, your chin resting into his hand. Sherlock frowned, conflicted, his eyes glancing away hesitantly before asking,"How do I fix this?"

You stared at him before laughing sadly shaking your head. "You can't. Now leave me alone." You try to move away from him, but your body felt weak, numb and cold in the heavy rain. Sherlock shook his head stubbornly before peering at you,"No."

"Sherlock-" You tried, but before you knew it he had already pressed his lips to yours. There was something so heavenly about a kiss in the rain, a tender moment that just wouldn't wait. It was that burst of feeling that was expressed, not caring if the water soaked through to chill the skin. It was a connection that showed the strength of the emotion, the mutual need. It was a rebellion against the elements. Nature could bring the rain but your inner sunshine came through just the same. His lips were soft and cold against your's, moving slowly and tenderly in a way you'd never expect from Sherlock Holmes. A few moments later, he leaned back and rested his forehead on yours. You could feel his damp curls falling over your head, his breath mingling with yours for a moment. Sherlock stared to you,"A sociopath can lie."

"Why did you-"

"Sentiment will always be my downfall, but it's a fall I'm willing to take."