#11: One Kiss- Sherlock.

A/N: This is a bit late seeing as it's Christmas related. Oh, well. I still hope you all enjoy it.

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

The most wonderful time of year, filled with cheer and joy on Christmas day, where you are surrounded by love and cared for by the most wonderful people around...well, even if they and the situations that surrounded them were a bit peculiar.

You arched an eyebrow in amusement as Mrs. Hudson cooed in delight. You glanced to Sherlock and John only to see that their expressions matched yours. The Christmas tree looked ridiculous. You had no idea how Sherlock had managed to get such a brilliant tree in such a sort space of time. Probably spoke to Mycroft. You had no idea why he had bothered to give into your pleas for a tree and you weren't about to to put it down to Christmas spirit. You shifted comfortably in the detective's chair, holding tight onto your favorite hot drink and snuggling into John's over-sized jumper which you had borrowed. Although secretly, deep down you knew you would never return it.

You looked up to the tree. It truly belonged in a forest, dominating the small living room. Packets of tinsel and fairy lights lay opened on the floor along with left over baubles that would not fit onto the branches. Mrs. Hudson, carrying a tray full of mince pies, smiled widely,"Well done, boys!" Sherlock, who was currently wearing a pair of antlers you placed onto his head, shared another glance with John who looked exhausted; his tacky red Christmas hat lop-sided.

"Hm." The detective nodded once sharply and you sighed at his behavior. John smirked at your expression, knowing exactly how you felt. "Thank you, Y/N, for convincing Sherlock here to get a tree. I don't know how you managed to, but it really brightens the place up."

Your lips curled up into a small, complacent smile as you felt Sherlock looking at you. "I have my ways." You shrugged before sipping at your hot beverage. John rolled his eyes at his friend, who was currently peering at you, before sitting at the sofa with Mary, Molly and Greg. Mrs. Hudson joined them, setting down the tray of pies and they all began chatting.

Sherlock tugged off his antlers with a slight indignant huff and set them aside before walking to the seat opposite you and sitting in it as he reached for his violin. You ignored the way Sherlock stared at you as you sipped your beverage. For Christmas, you'd gotten him several new sheets of music, but he hadn't gotten anything for you in return. You didn't mind, you had actually expected him not to, seeing as it was Sherlock Holmes. You pressed in further into his chair, licking your lips.

Over the next half an hour, the room was filled with a peaceful mood. Sherlock played his violin, Molly chatted to Mary and John chatted to Greg while Mrs. H prepared various snacks and drinks at a time for everyone. It was after everyone had left, Mrs. H going back to her flat and John leaving with Mary last, that you were left with Sherlock in the living room. You had long but finished your drink, instead reading a book on Doctor Who Greg had given you while Sherlock stood by the flame-fading fireplace, playing his violin softly.

"Y/N." He muttered so quietly you had barely heard him. You closed your book and sat up in your seat, turning to face him. Sherlock stopped playing his violin, his head half-shadowed by the last of the flickering flames. He set his violin aside before walking to you, a very determined look on his face. You tilted your head curiously,"What is it, Sherlock? You alright?"

He seemed to open and close his mouth several times as if to think of what to say. "I-I wanted to- there was something that I-I must-"

"Yes, go on." You said when he cut himself off. Sherlock sat again in the chair opposite you. The features of his face were set like stone, blank and unreadable. The detective reached underneath the chair to bring out a small box wrapped with a golden ribbon. "Your gift." He stated quickly, thrusting out his gift to you.

You blinked in surprise,"Okay... Are you sure you're feeling alright? The Sherlock Holmes I knew three years ago would never of given a Christmas gift." You crossed your arms with a smirk and eyebrow raised.

Sherlock glared at you. "Just take it."

You lifted a shoulder with your hands held up in surrender before taking it off him carefully. Sherlock exhaled quietly the moment the gift left his hand and leaned back in his seat with his hands clasped to his chin. You narrowed your eyes suspiciously at his behavior and shook the box gently. "You haven't given me an eyeball or something, have you?"

Sherlock scowled,"Why on Earth would I do that? Will you just open it? Your thoughts on trying to work out what it is are beginning to give me a headache."

"You talking gives me a headache." You muttered as you tugged at the ribbon. You pulled it away before opening the lid of the small box.

Sherlock heard your surprised gasp and he looked away, lips pursed. Your eyes flitted up to the detective, then own to the gift several times. "Oh, Sherlock." You whispered, picking up the mistletoe between your fingers.

"One kiss. For you." Sherlock nodded at the mistletoe in your hand. Not many people knew, but you and the detective had been dating for several months. Yet you hadn't once shared a kiss. You understood that Sherlock wasn't one for public displays of affection, but you hadn't expected this for a gift. This whole time, nobody would've known if you were a couple, you just acted the same towards each other before you had started dating.

"Really?" You tilted your head to the side, eyes wide. You couldn't help but smile endearingly at the slight flush on his cheekbones. Sherlock met your eyes with his sharp ones,"Traditionally, you are meant to have mistletoe for a kiss on Christmas, are you not?"

"Well, under it, but yeah." You laughed softly, shaking your head at him. Sherlock pouted out his lips as he glanced away again. You smiled at him before placing a hand on his knee. The detective looked down at it curiously before looking at you. "So, about that kiss." You laughed, shifting off your seat close to him,"Would you like to share it now?"

Sherlock had also leaned towards you,"If you'd like." He muttered. The mistletoe was long forgotten now, left by your thigh on the sofa.

"And I assume that this is a one time deal?" Your voice had dropped to a whisper.

Sherlock smirked slightly,"Most definitely."

Your lips curled up shyly, "I'd better make it a good one then, hadn't I?" And then you kissed him. You had to admit, you were unprepared for how warm they felt pressed up against yours. His hands were wrapped around your waist as you leaned in closer and yours locked around his neck pulling him to you even more. Everything around you was quiet. All you could hear was his slight appreciative hum into the kiss, the faint crackles of the fire and your heart in your ears. When you broke apart for air, Sherlock rested his forehead against your while you both gathered some much needed oxygen.

You met his eyes and his smirk told you everything. You grinned back, sinking into his hold. Needless to say, that was the best Christmas you'd had in a while.