#12: Happy New Years, Boys- Winchesters.

A/N: Yeah, it's February. Whatever. I may or may not do a second part to this imagine. Thanks for the 500 reads! ;)

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

You had always been alone.

It was New Years eve, and the ticking was louder than usual as you stared down at your old wrist watch, pursing your lips. Inside the motel, the Winchesters were busy clinking bottles of beer. "Happy New Year, Sammy." You heard Dean say from inside. Auld Lang Syne was playing from a crackly radio and from how sincerely the elder Winchester had spoken, you could almost see Sam's lips tug up slightly in return as he said,"Happy New Year, Dean."

You sighed and leaned back in your bench outside the room. You pulled your legs up to your chest and wrapped your arms around them with a small sniffle. Why did everything have to be so screwed up? You should've been inside with the boys, laughing as you all drank to the sound of the strike of twelve. Instead, you were sat outside, freezing cold and tears beginning to pour down your cheeks.

You'd been with the Winchesters for around year now. At first it was only to hunt and get the job done, but before you knew it you were sharing multiple motels with them, spending breakfast and dinner in their company and searching out new monsters to hunt together. It hadn't occurred to you how fast it had all happened. It hadn't occurred to you how much you cared about them both. Up until tonight, when you knew it had been a year with them, it hadn't occurred to you how alone you were before you met them. It was also at that moment that you knew it was time to leave them. You knew that it had to end and that you had to leave them.

Sighing, you nodded to yourself at you thought. It was selfish to think that it would be better to stay with them. Besides, they may not even want you there and the thought of either Sam or Dean getting hurt because of you had already made your decision solid. You roughly wiped away some tears and watched with a steeled expression as the hand switched to midnight, the perfect time to grab one of the boys and maybe kiss them. You smirked at that. You imagined that knowing you, they wouldn't be surprised at this action.

Clearing your throat, you got to your feet. You wiggled your toes in the thick, leather boots you wore, feeling the cold tickle at your body. Your rucksack lay by the bench leg, the material crumpling in on it's self. You picked it up and slung it over your shoulder before taking one last glance through the window. It had a thin curtains covering it, but you could see the boys chatting away with bottles of beer in hand. Smiling, you stared for a moment, letting the image stay with you before you left.

You pulled at your hoodie and a jacket Dean had given you, turning away as you pulled up the hood over your head. You didn't look back, you didn't let your ears strain for you voices as you walked faster away from the motel. Every fiber of you body wanted to whisk you back around to the building, but you kept yourself from doing so.

Out of the blue, your feet suddenly stopped in their tracks without your will. You didn't turn around, instead keeping your head down with your eyes looking at the rocky ground. "Happy New Year's, Boys." You muttered with a smirk, lifting your head again as you walked off. "Don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone."

The Winchesters wouldn't see you again; you were going to make sure of that.