#5: Enough For Me- Jack Frost

A/N: A bit cliché. Eh, I was in a good mood so I hope you all enjoy.

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

There's something about the word impossible that you love to challenge. Especially when the last thing that should be possible on this world was your best friend. Jack Frost.

You wished he was here right now comforting you, because at the moment you'd give anything to cease to exist.

Your boyfriend's words fall out of his mouth like vapour but landed in your guts as shrapnel. You felt your insides tear, and the blood drain from your face. A laugh, or a light hearted smirk would've been enough to reassure that he was joking but by the look on his face you could tell he was deadly serious. His eyes were cold like you've never seen and his features immobile. He looked like someone about to vomit. You tried to understand the words he told you but couldn't. He must love you, he has for so many years, and to be honest you thought he was the only one that ever has. Then he turned to go, shoulders sunken and his hands in his pockets. Before you knew what you were doing you're standing in his way. You both locked eyes, the perfect distance for a kiss, but he shook his head as a clear sign you both were over.

With one last glance, he gently pushes you out the way and trudges away in the snow. You stare heart-broken at the back of his tousled brown hair. You're left standing on the pavement, shivering with the cold and the pain in the white background. Lips pressing together to stop the quivering, you turn and look around as if looking for someone who'd been watching a scene. Right now, you've would've killed for a hug, a reassurance, anything. But, here you were, stood crying on a abandoned street with snow falling heavily. You exhaled, wiping away some of the tears with a small whimper and bury your head in your favorite scarf- a gift Jack had bought you a few years prior.

This is the bit when it really hit home.

Your shoulders started to shake, your body arching over as your hands covered over you mouth. Tears dropped down your cheeks and off your chin. Right now, you felt so insignificant in the blank canvas of snow. You felt like you wanted to disappear. It was a few moments later when you heard the laugh of your best friend, Jack. You shook you head, you didn't want him to see you like this but the crying wouldn't stop.

Jack landed to the ground softly, chuckling to himself, feeling giddy with adrenaline from his flying session. Jack casually leaned on his staff and lifted his blue eyes to you, you turned away before he could see you and tried to stifle your sobs but your shoulders wouldn't stop shaking and the sounds kept coming out your mouth.

Jack slid his head to the side, frowning in concern as he walked up to you. "Y/N? Everything alright?" He scratched the back of his head, a few bit of shocking white hair sticking out in a places. Jack stabbed his staff into the ground, leaving it behind him to walk to you from his place on the snowy road.

You looked up and moved your head slightly round to him. "Leave me alone, Jack." Your voice came out pitiful and quiet. "What are you even doing here?"

Jack extended his arms,"It's a snow day!" He exclaimed, laughing slightly. Jack's laugh faded and he frowned when you didn't react,"Y/N, what's happened?"

You sniffled, shrugging stubbornly.

He rolled his eyes with a small smile,"Come on, you can tell me." Jack stood just behind you now, his hand placing on your elbow to get you to face him. "What's wrong?"

You finally turned around and Jack's eyes widened at the sight of your tears. You leaned into him, sobbing and Jack instinctively wrapped his arms around you. "He broke up with me!" You cried out, burying your face in his blue hoodie. You didn't care about the frost, you'd gotten use to it over the years.

"Oh, Y/N." Jack murmured, resting his chin on top of your head,"I'm so, so sorry." He moved his head and gently pressed his lips to your head, nuzzling into your hair.

"You were right all along." You clutched onto him, afraid that he would suddenly disappear,"He was a jerk!" Your shoulders shook, Jack pursing out his lips when you let out a small, pitiful whimper. Jack didn't want to see you like this, he wanted you happy. He wanted to see a bright smile on your face, the same one he saw everyday. "I can't believe I didn't listen to you. And the worst thing is, I thought I was actually good enough to be loved by him!"

Jack grasped your shoulders, getting you to face him. "Y/N, look at me." You lifted your eyes to him, slightly shocked by the proximity. "Now, you're gunna listen to me, and you're not going to speak until I'm done, are we clear?" You nodded meekly, biting onto you lower lip.

He gently stroked the side of your face, using his thumb to untug your lip from your teeth, enticing slight shivers from you. Jack leveled his gaze with yours, narrowing them as if searching into yours for a moment. He exhaled,"Look, he doesn't deserve you. You, Y/N, are the most...amazing person I have ever met. If he can't see that, well, I do. I'm here, and I plan on being here for a long time, so listen to me when I say that everyone else and I especially love you for exactly who you are. You will always be good enough." Jack lowered his voice, staring intently,"You will always be good enough for me." Jack blinked as you stared at him, mouth gawping. The Winter Spirit sucked in a breath, pursing his lips together in a straight line as if to stop himself from blurting more. You wanted to say something, there were so many words inside your head, but you just couldn't.

Jack's eyes hesitantly lowered to your lips as if considering something. Oh, what the hell. What did he have to lose?

The next thing you knew, he had slammed his lips to your's and nearly knocked all wind from yours lungs. You heard a squeak and realised you had made the sound. You hardly had a moment to react before he pressed further into you, his other hand wrapping securely around your waist to bring you closer. You didn't resist, but you didn't exactly kiss back either. You were so over-whelmed by the warmth and happiness that spread over you, which was surprising because he was Jack Frost, that you couldn't get your lips to move back. In an instant he had pulled away, taking this your lack of reaction as a bad sign.

Jack swallowed, scratching the back of his head and half-staggering away from you. You stood blinking in shock, opening your mouth before he stopped you. Jack grabbed his staff and turned to you with a conflicted look. "Y/N, I'm so sorry. I-I just wanted to. I didn't know what I was doing."

"No, Jack-"

"I have to go." Without saying another word, he had shot up into the air and shot off across the sky out of your view. You ran into the road, torn between happiness and confusion,"Jack! Wait, come back! You don't understand!" You waved your arms wildly, probably looking mad to anyone who passed by.

It was no use. He was already gone.

You exhaled, rubbing your eyes in frustration. "Idiot, idiot, idiot." You muttered, shaking your head in exasperation. You paced the road, scrunching you eyes together when the feeling of his lips flashed through your head. You suddenly stopped and looked up at the sky with a look of determination washing over your features. "Jack! I know you're still around here somewhere! Hiding in the trees of something, but I need you to listen to me! I was just over-whelmed!" You darted your eyes around you, glad nobody had come out in this snow today,"I-I like you, Jack! I can't believe I didn't realize that until now! But, I do. I mean, I like, like you! Come back!" Your shoulders slumped tiredly from all the shouting and your voice lowered,"Please?"

Nothing.

Sighing, you ran a hand through your hair. You stood in the road for a few more moments, snow falling heavily over your bobble hat, coat hoodie and shoulders. And just when you were about to give up, you heard something heavy land in the snow behind you.

"You like me?"

Jack.

You turned around.