#10: Gracious Prince -Arthur Pendragon.

IMAGINE THIS.

The castle was more ancient than any bone left in the soil. The once smooth rock was now pitted and scarred. The worst thing was that you had to work in such a horrid building.

Sighing heavily, you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and wiped your brow tiredly. Walls around you stood mute, arching above with a certain intimidation that unsettled your stomach. Spooky didn't quite cover the place you worked and eerie was an understatement. Sure, the old castle had a certain charm in Summer, but right now it was Winter and you only just managed to stay warm by wearing a long cloak around your servant clothing everyday- a gift off your friend Merlin. In the shadows, cast by castle walls thicker than you arm was long, a chill crept over the uncut grass all the time. The scent of late December was laden into gust of wind that whistled against the rough stone outside the castle walls. You shivered with the thought of having to walk through it to return to the orphanage after a hard days work.

You scrubbed at the floors, the bristles of your scrubbing brush scratching at the stone tiles. "Ugh." You groaned tiredly and wiped your forehead again before falling back on to the tiles to rest. You didn't care there was nobody in the great feasting hall, and even if there was you still wouldn't have. Staring up at the crystal chandelier, your chest rouse and fell with each heavy, tired breath. It would've been so much easier if you had magic like Merlin. You lifted you head up at the thought of Merlin, where was he anyway? Probably running around with errands for that spoilt and bratty prince Arthur.

You rolled you eyes at the thought of him. Prince Arthur. "Huh." You said outloud in amusement,"He doesn't even act like a prince." You crossed your arms, still staring up at the ceiling lazily until a voice distracted you.

"Oh, I don't, do I? And what servant of your status has the right to say so?"

You felt your body stiffen at the sound of his voice, but you relaxed and calmly retorted,"What kind of prince treats his own servants for target practice? I've seen what you do to Merlin in the afternoon, your royal highness." You got to your feet and sarcastically curtsied to the very annoyed prince Arthur in front of you.

Arthur glared at you, his lips trying to not to twitch into an amused smirk as his eyes narrowing dangerously. He began to walk towards you, his boots clanging with the armour covering after just coming in from sword practice. You became focused on how his hair was clung back carelessly to his forehead; his face sweaty and exhausted. The Prince's smirk still hadn't left as he reacted forward with a gloved hand a pushed back a strand of your hair from your eyes. You tried not to flinch but the way your eyes looked wary finally made the Prince looked troubled.

"Miss. Y\N, what must I do to get your approval?" He hummed thoughtfully. Before he knew it, you had growled underneath your breath and kicked up a nearby broom from the floor with an audible swish as you swung it to him before stopping right before his neck like a sword. You snarled playfully liking how he seemed shocked for a second. You watched complacently as his Adams apple bobbed nervously,"Try not to be such a prat and I'll think about liking you."

Arthur arched an eyebrow,"A prat?" He tutted and shook his head but you kept your guard,"That's not a way to describe your gracious Prince."

"Gracious is far from it." You muttered flatly as you turned away with the broom and began to sweep at the tiled floor. "Whatever he says about his stupid destiny..." You raised your voice and turned to him briefly,"Merlin's off his head to put up with you."

Arthur rolled his eyes and proceeded to pace around you, looking down at his armoured gloves which he was currently trying to tug off. You concealed a smile as his brow creased slightly in frustration. When the clang off your broom on the hard floor made his head snap up towards you, you smirked,"Here, let me."

With an exasperated sigh, he let you approach and stand in front of you as you nimble fingers worked at the buckles underneath his gloves. You could feel his small breaths fan down you neck, his chest rise and fall by your shoulder, and his blue eyes trained on you. You swallowed but ignored him anyway. Once the gloves were off, you nearly tossed them to him lamely and turned back around to work. Arthur silently watched you with a small dazed smile before shaking his head. "Well, I best let you get on with your work, Y\N."

"Hm." You nodded, keeping your eyes glued onto the motions of your sweeping broom. Arthur went to leave, but his feet stopped before he left the the room. You only heard clanging footsteps as he walked behind you and placed something just above your ear in your hair. You held in a gasp as you felt his fingers brush you ear lobe and his breath above your neck. "Here." He said; his voice low,"I saw the flowers on the table in a vase and I thought this one would suit you." You didn't turn around, being too stubborn to not give him the satisfaction. It was a moment later did you hear the feet retreat and the hall door swing shut.

You kept on sweeping, feeling the small flower tucked above you're ears and the silence enveloping you. You reached up at the flower, its petals soft to touch and since he first day you met Arthur Pendragon, you smiled.