#15: Eleventh Doctor- Belonging.

IMAGINE THIS.

You swung your legs gently over the edge of the TARDIS floor as you stared at the view of Earth below you. It looked so lovely it made you wonder that if people saw it suspended in space like you were right now then they'd take more care of it. The light glowed beneath you, pooling at your feet in the jet-black space. Just one slip and you could fall, but you trusted the Doctor as you leaned against him. The Doctor looked down at you entwined hands, he smiled slightly. He could see the Earth as a blue globe in the reflection of your eyes; light shining in them too. "I'm so glad to be here with you." He stated quietly, not wanting to disturb the peaceful silence that enveloped you both.

"I am too." You picked up your head from his shoulder and sighed softly at the beautiful view before you before looking to him with wide eyes. You could tell he was nervous. He always avoided your eyes when he was. You frowned,"Hey, what's wrong?"

The Doctor ran his fingers through his quiff, brown hair falling over his eyes as his hand went to fiddle with his bowtie. He swallowed and glanced down to you with a reassuring smile,"Such a small human with such a big, messy life." You watched with pursed lips as he sighed. "What...what do you mean?" Lifting one leg so it rested on the Tardis floor, you brought up your hands to you knee and pressed your lips to his knuckles gently. You tilted your head innocently as your Doctor moved his lower jaw and flickered his eyes to the view below you. He also had a habit of shifting his jaw together when he was upset, so you moved your head to meet his eyes. "Doctor?"

"Oh, I am a silly man, aren't I? Look at you." The Doctor shifted on the edge of the Tardis to stare at you appreciatively until he looked down guiltily. "Y/N, you can't stay here. What am I doing keeping you here?"

"Hey." You said sternly, moving his chin so he faced you,"Is this about my mortality? This is because I'm human isn't it?" Your heart faltered in you chest. Would he really make you go back? And if he did, what was there left for you to return to anyway? Living in the TARDIS with the Doctor was all you'd ever known and a life without him in it seemed empty.

The Doctor sighed heavily, his eyes weighing down. His eyes were the ones of a man who was tired, tired of loosing people. You could tell that he'd seen a lot in his travels and perhaps too much. "In the end, you just get exhausted with it all." He ran a hand through his quiff,"I have to watch them turn to dust. I don't..." Trailing off he met your eyes,"I don't want that for you."

You didn't know what to say, so you swallowed down the lump in your throat and resumed your gaze to the view. You were both dropped in silence for a while; a companionable quietness until you whispered, "Do you not want me...to stay?" The Doctor held your hands tightly in his, rubbing patterns over your skin with his thumbs. "Of course, but if its what's best for you-"

You'd lost your patience. "-What's best for me, Doctor, is my place with you." Shaking your head as if to shake off the nervous tingles that ran over your body, you shifted closer to him. "You've got to accept that for in your life someone plans on sticking around." You ignored his stares as you gazed at Earth below you. Clearing your throat, you stated quietly,"I intend to stick with those plans."

The Doctor smiled,"You're stubborn, y'know."

You grinned,"Yup." You were both smiling before you saw his face drop. You knew he was thinking about the future and what it held, but you pushed the fear and the doubt to the back of your mind as you held his hands in yours. "Listen, we'll just get to that bridge when we come to it. Okay? You once told me that life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." Holding his face, you leaned in and placed a small kiss on his lips. The Doctor's hands grasped up to your back just as you began to lean away so he could press into you. His teeth grazed against yours, your lips moving together softly. With a hum, the Doctor took in your scent; the time you'd both traveled together made you smell like star dust and infinity. You both parted, breathing heavily. Sharing a look, you sank into his arms with a giggle. He chuckled lowly as you leaned back into his arms again to watch the view below you again.

"You're definitely stubborn." He murmured, resting his lips against your head with a smile.

"You know it."

A/N: This one's a bit random, but eh. Hope you liked it! Comment your thoughts.

~ Kiya221B