#13: Dance With Me- Sherlock

A/N: This one is a little ridiculous. It is also slightly out of character, but I was in a good mood.

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

In a place that's completely chaotic, it's a miracle to get a moment of peace.

Mrs. Hudson was next door talking to Mrs. Turner, John was out with one of his newest girlfriends-you could never remember the name and Sherlock was out on a case. You stood in the centre of the 221B living room, watching as the Sun's rays moved over the furniture and carpet from the constantly moving clouds as you pulled your over-sized jumper sleeves over your hands. Jumping in the air slightly, you grinned and nearly ran to the bedroom. Your fluffy socks that Sherlock constantly made fun of slipped over the hallway's floor as you skidded past the door before catching your hand on the doorway and pulling yourself back into the bedroom. You straightened, cleared your throat at your slightly over-excited dash and moved round the bed saying quietly to yourself,"I have been waiting too long to do this."

Picking up your mobile, you fiddled with pulling back your sleeves for a moment before turning it on. You grabbed your earplugs, plugged them in and swiped on the screen to find your music app. It took a while to choose a song, but once you found one that seemed to fit perfectly for your mood, you clicked on it with a wide smile before pushing it into your pocket. Seeing as nobody was home, you had nothing to worry about so you wasted no time in savoring your time alone.

The music began and you nodded your head, swaying it side to side as the tempo picked up. You had chosen a fast, dancey song that would get you shaking out all your worries. As it increased, you pulled out the phone using it as the neck of a guitar while you played it; jumping around the bedroom. You were on the bed now, waving your arms in the air in a crazy way as your body moved in time with the music. Next, you sang, not caring if it sounded good or bad. You went from playing the guitar to bashing on the drums while you slide back down the hallway to the living room. This was what you loved most, being weird when nobody was around. Right now if John and Sherlock were around, they'd be questioning your sanity. This was the side of you where you wanted to loosen up and let go.

Upon entering the living room, you put your phone away to start shimmying your hips as you entered the kitchen and danced round the table. Song upon song, you danced. Your hands squeezed together like a micro phone as you dramatically sprang onto an armchair and sang your heart out, moving out one of your hands as if to point to an adoring crowd. You had your eyes squeezed shut now with one leg propped onto the arm of Sherlock's arm chair. If only he saw what you were doing now. The thought made you flush with embarrassment and grin with hilarity.

Imagine Sherlock Holmes dancing, you thought in amusement, Oh, what a sight that would be.

It was then that the universe decided to play a little trick on you. Just as you had jumped off the armchair onto the floor, your knees pressing into the carpet as you finished the song in a power-playing guitar action, you heard a muffled sound through your earplugs. Your eyes snapped open because you had just realized this happened to be a voice. Leaning against the doorway with his hands in his pockets and scarf hanging from one, Sherlock arched an eyebrow and smirked widely in amusement.

You froze, staring in horror at his expression. "Sherlock." You only just managed to say. "Please, shut up." You glared at him when you noticed his lips twitch up.

"Y/N." He nodded once, smiling slightly,"I didn't say anything. Actually, are you having fun?"

Hastily pulling out the earplugs, you got to your feet and brushed your knees down. "Urm, I-I was- I was just..." You trailed off. How the hell were you going to explain this? How much had he seen? You sighed as his brow only arched further and you could tell he was trying not to laugh. "Alright, tell me how long you've been stood there."

Sherlock chuckled,"Precisely forty-five seconds and counting." You began to walk away, wrapping up the earplugs around your mobile. "Have you got any more dance moves for me? Maybe you could show me that air guitar again?"

"Shut up. Just-why are you even back early?"

"Turns out it was the gardener. Nobody noticed the earring." He shrugged simply, but you could still see him trying not to smile.

"Sherlock bloody Holmes, I hate you." You muttered, glowering at him and pouting out your lips. Sherlock started to walk towards you. "Why?" He smirked again,"Because I saw your atrocious dance moves?"

Rolling your eyes, you sighed,"How did you guess?"

"I won't tell anyone. Don't worry."

"I wasn't." You retorted quickly,"I couldn't care less, Sherlock."

"Tetchy." He mumbled and went to hang up his Belstaff and scarf. You clicked your fingers when an idea sprang to mind. Sherlock turned around when you had unplugged your earbuds and cranked up a song. You began to shimmy ridiculously towards him, grinning widely. Sherlock stared at you like you were mad.

"Why don't you join me?" You asked, reaching out for his hands. The detective automatically backed away with an indignant expression."No."

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun! Besides, remember Janine? She told me you love dancing." Sherlock gritted his teeth in annoyance at the mention of her and closed his eyes in exasperation. You took this opportunity to take his hands and yank him to the centre of the living room. Sherlock glared darkly at you, but you ignored it as you began to entwine your hands in his and move along to the music. You grinned cheekily and moved away as you brought his hand up and turned on the spot underneath it. Sherlock remained completely still, glaring at you.

"Please? For me?" You asked, attempting your most loveliest smile. Sherlock narrowed his eyes at you as he slowly swayed awkwardly side to side. "Yeah." You nodded appreciatively. The detective held onto your hands a little tighter as you both danced in and out, then moving round together. You laughed, nodding your head to the music. Sherlock smiled slightly at that.

"You're not bad." You smiled to him after a few minutes of chuckling, twirling and shimmying.

"I love dancing." Sherlock commented, bringing one of your hands to your to his lips. You dipped your head, laughing softly. "That's the most unsociopathetic thing you've ever said, detective."

He lifted a shoulder and moved in to place a hand on your hip. You swallowed thickly, dancing with him slowly now the song had changed to something gentler. You both remained in silence for a moment before you lifted your head to look up at him. You hadn't realized how close he was. You could see how pale his eyes really were. Before you knew it, you were leaning up to him and Sherlock was dipping his head down to you. You closed your eyes. What was going on? You weren't exactly sure where you were both going with this. Whatever it was, it felt...nice. You could feel his breath fan against your face.

When your noses touched, Sherlock hastily cleared his throat. You followed suit, awkwardly flattening down your hair as you both stepped away from each other. Rubbing your sweaty palms on your thighs, you chuckled uneasily,"I think that's enough dancing for today."

"I agree." Sherlock nodded once, putting up his blank mask. "Yes."

"Urm..." You looked down at your fluffy socks and felt relief at having found an excuse to leave. "Err, I'm still in my pajamas." You giggled awkwardly,"I'm just gunna..." You waved to the bedroom,"...Go get dressed."

"Ah. Yes, yes, of course." He gestured vaguely and cleared his throat,"Go on." You smiled falsely at him as he turned away and busied himself with his violin.

When you had shut the bedroom door behind you, you leaned against it with a dazed smile. It dropped quickly enough however as you shook your head. "What just happened?" You whispered, placing a hand to your heart. "Woah." You breathed, feeling how fast it was beating. "It's nothing. It was just a dance." You muttered to yourself after a few moments of trying to slow your heart. "It's...most definitely nothing."

You didn't like how unconvinced you sounded.