#18: Fred Weasley- Patchment Air Planes.

IMAGINE THIS. 

Ouch. 

Something pointy had hit the side of your head. Narrowing your eyes, you rubbed the side of your head feeling a slight pinching pain by your ear where a paper air plane had made impact. Various parchment papers were strewn across your desk, your handwriting gone all squiggly and slanted from boredom, so you pushed them aside to pick up the air plane from the desk. You wanted to turn your head and see who had launched it in the first place but one wrong move and Professor Snape may catch on. You glanced up to said Professor, he currently had his back to you waving his wand about to control some chalk as it created up a few tedious bullet points about werewolves on the chalkboard. Good, you thought keeping your eyes glued to him for a moment before you perked your head up like a meerkat and surveyed the room around you.

The shock of orange hair and the cheeky grin brought your eyes to none other than Fred Weasley. Squinting in annoyance at him, you made a point of scrunching your nose holding up the air plane and rubbing your head, mouthing,"Ow."  Fred simply put his thumbs up as you shook your head in exasperation. Fred glanced to Snape carefully first before looking back to you with a smirk and miming to unfold the plane. You tilted your head feeling your lips twitching up despite yourself. He always played tricks but you had to admit he always made lessons more interesting. You'd gotten to know Fred the year Harry came to school, the year before that you mostly studied in the library on your own. Somehow, you winded up talking to Fred and before you knew it, three years later  you were close friends. Although he played tricks on you most of the time, you found that Fred had his moments and could be actually very sweet. A small part of you hoped he would ask you to the Yule Ball- Just as friends, you thought absently. 

Seeing as you were at the front row it was a miracle that the plane didn't hit Snape, if he turned around you knew he'd be onto you straight away. You rolled your eyes dramatically at a grinning Fred before turning away to unfold the air plane, all the while you kept your eyes on Snape to ensure he wouldn't suddenly turn around. Swallowing thickly, you allowed yourself to look down for a moment and flatten out the piece of parchment. It was quite crumpled, various doodles decorated down the sides. In the middle of the paper was a message. It was mostly blotchy and black with scribbles and crossings out but you managed to make it out through the correction he'd made. You furrowed your eyebrows at the message before a tiny, flustered smile crept its way to your lips. 

Hey, Y/N! I have two questions for you. 

1. Do you like me? (Tick yes or no. (Preferably, yes)) 

Yes

No

2. If you do, do you want to go to the Ball with me? It'd be a laugh. Or if you just wanna go as friends? 

Yes

No 

You quickly ticked your answers on the boxes before folding the paper back up into a plane. Glancing up to Snape quickly, you snapped round and shot the plane in the air to Fred. Students made noises of awe as it flew through the air; Fred's hand shot up and practically plucked it out of the air. Once he'd opened it and seen the message, you turned away before you saw his reaction. 

"Y/L/N, Weasley!" Professor sneered. You pretended to be innocent by folding your hands together on your desk and plastering on a plain smile. "Yes, sir?" You said the same time as Fred. You tried to suppress your smirk. 

"Are we passing notes?" 

"No, sir." You both replied in unison again. You pursed your lips to avoid smiling. 

Snape narrowed his eyes,"Right." He paused flickering his dark stare between you. You could feel Fred trying not to laugh or smile too. "Get on with your work." With that he whipped round to carry on with the lesson. You didn't allow yourself to turn around, but you could feel Fred's wide smile on your back. 

Just as you were about to start taking notes on the lesson, the paper air plane landed on the centre of your desk. Furrowing your eyebrows, you quietly unfolded it. 

Talk after lesson. I like you too, Y/N. Can't wait to go to the ball with you. ;)