#16: Somewhere New- Jack Frost

A/N: Asdfghjki. Thank you so much for 1K reads! 

~ Kiya221B 

IMAGINE THIS. 

Why you were there and what you were meant to do- that you'd never known. A part of you still wondered if you ever would find out, but until then you had a whole new universe to get used to and you had to learn the hard way. 

You drifted into consciousness. Groaning lowly, you grasped at your hair at the nape of your neck. It hurt so much a faint thump of your blood pulsing through your head could be felt. Your eyes were screwed shut, teeth scraping down on your lower lip in pain. What...what happened? The harder you tried to focus in on your memories the faster they slipped away from you, sparking up before blinking away like a firework. The oddly comforting scent of apple and cinnamon lingered in the air like a cloud. You felt your other hand blindly trace the area around you. The floor was...soft like a carpet. Your fingertips sung in easily into it and you heard a sigh; it was your own you realized. It felt comforting to feel at least something familiar. "Hey guys! She's awake!" 

You froze. Who was that? How'd you hit your head? What was going on?  Voices could be heard; they sounded panicked, several different voices talking over each other. With a nervous frown you allowed yourself to open your eyes. The light stung first as your tried to sharpen your sight into focus, and then the second thing that struck you were two very bright and very blue eyes. You jolted, your hand flying up to punch the boy who was staring down at you. In shock finding yourself scrambling back away from this potential threat. 

"Woah, woah, woah. It okay, we're not gunna hurt you." The boy, around your age, crouched not far away from you. He rubbed the side of his jaw and mumbled to himself before he held it out in surrender while the other grasped a tall, wooden staff. A whimper escaped your lips as you glimpsed up at it in a panic and the boy frowned in what seemed like concern. "Hey, look, look-I'll put it down." He held eye contact with you, his ice-like eyes making you want to squirm as he set down his staff on the floor by his bare feet. 

"O-over t-there." You cocked your head shakily, swallowing back your breathlessness. 

He seemed putout, but he obliged and kicked the staff further away out of his reach. You didn't allow yourself to be relieved. Instead, you glanced back to him, watching him warily. You noticed that his hair was a striking white; it had a silvery hue whenever light hit it. He also wore a blue hoodie-worn with use. His voice caught you out of your daze,"Easy, Kiddo, we don't want you do anything rash." 

Meeting his bright eyes, you felt your body scramble back more. "Leave...m-me alone." You hands gripping tightly at the soft carpet as you pulled your legs up to your chest away from him. Now holding out both of his hands in surrender, the boy pursed his lips for a moment before saying gently,"I'm not gunna hurt you. I wanna help you. What's your name?" 

The look in his eyes made you think he was telling the truth. "Y/N." You barely whispered. He must've heard what you said because a moment later he smiled,"I'm Jack. Do you know what happened?" 

Shaking your head numbly, you cleared your throat to then say quietly,"I-I don't remember what happened. One minute I was-I was...oh, I don't know! I was somewhere. And then my head hurt and then I was here...a-and now I don't know what's going on! I don't understand!" Your shoulders began to heave as you sobbed covering your tear-streaming face with both arms. Jack scratched the back of his head watching you with his eyebrows knitted together. Before he could say something, you dragged your hands over your face to get rid of the tears and met his eyes with your scared ones. "Do you know how I got here?" 

Jack smiled reassuringly,"We're workin' on that, Kiddo. Don't worry." Your lips twitched up as you nodded. Jack started to approach you warily,"Can I help you up now, or are you gunna hit me in the face again?" 

Smiling meekly, you wiped some of the stray tears from your face. "Sorry." 

"Ah, it's alright." He walked over to you and held out his hand for you to take. "But let me just say, you have one hell of a swing there." With a shy expression you took his hand to let him pull you up. Gasping, you snatched your hand away from his and held it with your other. "You're cold!" 

Scratching the back of his head awkwardly, Jack laughed. "Hah, about that... I didn't tell you my last name." Your saucer like eyes wandering after him, you watched him saunter across the room and swoop up his staff. He swung it over his shoulder and rested it there. Smirking a little at your face, he tilted his head,"Jack Frost. Pleasure to meet you." 

"J-Jack...Frost?" You spluttered,"Like, the Jack Frost. The ice dude with the snow storm and snowflakes and..." 

"Yup." He said with a hint of smugness. 

"So if you're real...that means..." You started to piece things together in your head. 

"Yup." Jack nodded once smirking brightly. 

Breathing in deeply, you held your head in disbelief. "Oh, my goodness." 

"Well, I gotta say, you're more calm than the others right now. They're really excited to meet you." Jack began to turn away and walk to the door of the room. 

"Wait-" You followed him quickly,"I'm not going crazy? You mean I'm gunna meet Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and-" 

"Yup." Jack grinned. 

Scowling slightly, you rolled your eyes,"Dude, can you stop cutting me off? I'm not sure I understand. What am I even doing here?" 

"I don't know." Jack admitted seriously, glancing down to the floor for a moment. He inhaled sharply,"We'll figure something out. I promise." You watched as he furrowed his eyebrows to the floor and muttered,"I wonder if Manny will know." 

"Who?" 

Plastering on a grin, Jack shook his head simply,"Ah, it doesn't matter. We'll get to that bit when we get to it. C'mon." 

With a hopeless sigh and the roll of your eyes, you followed him.