#9: One Last Act of Bravery-Draco

A/N: So this one is kinda sad, but I had no other ideas so oh, well. I hope you enjoy it.

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

In the films people cried with style, but when you saw it happen to someone in front of you, well, you realized that life wasn't as neat as the Hollywood fantasies.

"Draco–" You tried extending your hand to his elbow, pursing your lips as he gritted his teeth and dipped his head; his hands gripping the edges of the sink bowl. His eyes so blue with blurry tears, blinked rapidly as you gently touched him just below the crumpled folding of his rolled up sleeve.

"Get off me." Your fingers pried away from Draco at the sound of his voice. It sounded so low, so dangerous and cold. He glared at the water dripping down the sink, swirling, icy water reflecting his icy appearance. You stayed silent, pursing your lips as he looked up at the old mirror above as if scrutinizing himself. You didn't want to see him like this, you didn't want him to push you out. There was nothing worse than this moment, him. Draco's silver and green Slytherin tie swung loosely from his neck as he straightened and sharply pulled his sleeves down. He swallowed thickly, tightening his tie before turning to face you with a tear-stained but completely cold expression.

You stared at him wordlessly for a second, mouth open slightly. Why was he doing this to you, to himself? How could he so easily put the mask up? "Please, Draco." Your voice cracked as you attempted to reach out to him again, but he flinched and looked down at you as if the very sight of you repulsed him. Draco sneered, his thin lips lifting up,"I said, don't touch me, mudblood."

A quiet gasp escaped your lips when he said that and a pained, hurtful expression shot across your face. You clenched your fists at your sides, eyes welling up at the slur. "I thought we'd gotten past that." You raised your head and scowled straight into his own blue eyes. "I'm not afraid of you anymore, Malfoy." You saw his eye twitch, your heart beating faster. "Draco, don't push me away. Whatever this is," gesturing to all of him, you sighed sadly,"it doesn't have to be like it. I just want to help." You stepped closer to him, tilting your head to look at him as he cleared his throat and glanced away.

Draco gritted his teeth; he'd never wanted to do this, he didn't want any of this. He was a coward, he knew that, but if he could just be brave enough to not drag you into his life...then perhaps there was at least one thing he had protected. He met your gaze, eyes empty, hard and steeled. You held a breath, hoping that you'd gotten through to him as his stare softened just little at the sight of you.

His lips pressed together in a straight line, his sharp eyes trained on you while his fingers worked at his loose tie wordlessly. "Y/N," You frowned at how emotionless he sounded,"stay away from me." Your heart dropped to you stomach as he bent down to snarl at you, his breath fanning on your face. "Don't speak to me, don't even look at me. You, mudblood, disgust me. Run along to your little friends and say nothing of this." Tears were falling down your cheeks now and Draco resisted the urge to the brush them away and whisper hushed apologies. Although his eyes were sad, he smirked,"On you go."

You staggered back, shaking your head and sobbing as you ran out the boy's toilets. Why did you have to be so stupid? Your feet thumped on the cracked tiled floor, arms covering your face and droplets falling onto it in little salted circles.

Draco exhaled, his heart beat rapid, blinking several times at the awful thing he'd just done. He hung his head, closing his eyes briefly. "Y/N, I'm so sorry." He murmured sadly. He had to do it. He would not drag you into this cowardly life of his. Draco had to do one last brave thing.