#21: Before the Fall -Jim Moriarty

A/N: This one is for all y'all crazy psychopaths. Thank you for over two thousand views! *pops a lil confetti*

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS.

Jim Moriarty wasn't a man, he was a spider, a devil in a Westwood suit. He had a power, although not unique, it was a very good one to have: he could twist, bend and mold his words in a way that had you almost believing that you were just breathing because he allowed you to. You knew for definite that if he wanted, he could have you killed with the simple snap of his fingers. Moriarty was good at manipulation. You'd seen him do it. All those so-called high class criminals that came waltzing into his office didn't know what they were facing until they were in too deep.

You admired how he could twist any situation to his favour, trap the flies in his web before they knew they were going to get eaten. He was good at manipulating people into believing every sugar-coated word that passed his lips. Sometimes, you weren't even sure what was reality with him anymore. You trusted him with your life, and yet there were so many lies tied up with him that you couldn't distinguish if what he said to you was the truth or not anymore. In his presence, you felt fizzled, like you'd been stuck by lightning.

A sudden buzz of his phone snapped you out of your reverie. You glanced over to the mobile on his desk and arched a brow. "Going to answer that?" You leaned back against the desk and folded your arms over your chest, crossing your ankle over your other leg.

Moriarty was stood in front of a long mirror. You didn't like to use his first name on its own, you never wanted to step over that line. The man kept his face neutral, like he hadn't heard you. You could tell that he was smug though. Moriarty then closed his eyes and exhaled loudly, rolling his neck left and right as his lips turned into a smirk. Finally, he blinked and his dark eyes glanced away from his reflection to you. "Its him."

Knowing who he was talking about, you straightened. "Mr. Holmes."

"Pass me my phone." Doing as you were told, you carefully picked up the device before walking over to him and handing it over. Wordlessly, Moriarty looked down and swiped his thumb across the screen before reading the message. "Finally." He muttered under his breath. You didn't attempt to see the message, you knew he would tell in good time. As he pocketed his phone, you busied yourself with adjusting his tie. The skull pin on the silk material had gone askew so you fixed it as he turned to you with a hand in his pocket. You could smell the mint gum on his breath, his dark eyes fixated on you. You smoothed out the lapels of his blazer before looking up with a smirk,"There. Killing the Westwood."

Moriarty's eyes narrowed slightly as he stared at you. You hated it when he did that. It felt like he could see exactly what was inside your head. "I'm going to meet him on the roof of St. Bartholomew's."

At this, you glanced up quickly. "So the plans working? How could he be so stupid?"

Moriarty lifted a shoulder as he turned away from you. "He wants everything to be clever that's his weakness. But he's boring." Cocking his head back to you, Moriarty leveled a stare at you in the reflection of the mirror. "Daddy's going to have fun playing with this ordinary one."

"I look forward to it." You replied with a quaint smile.

"Good." Moriarty snapped back round to you and begun to close the gap between you. He'd done this many times so this didn't alarm you, but for the first time in knowing him you saw emotion behind his dark irises. You couldn't tell what it was. It wasn't soft, or angry–it was just a look. You folded you hands in front of you to avoid looking intimidated and looked up slowly as he loomed over you. Bending his head down to the space by your ear, Moriarty lowered his voice,"I've arranged front a row seat. Just go opposite the street of Bart's. Sebastian will escort you." His hot breath lingered on the skin of your neck and you tried not to squirm. Moving closer, he pressed his lips against your earlobes. You bit back a gasp. It wasn't a kiss. He just grazed his teeth there for a moment in a teasing before biting gently. You swallowed but made no sound. You could feel his tongue pressing through his teeth wetting the soft skin. "I have decided not to kill you..." A sudden weight dropped in your stomach as he practically rasped against your earlobe,"...for now." The weight never got lighter every time he said something like this. In a spur of the moment and an act of defiance, you turned you head to him.

You glared slightly into his eyes, leaning closer so that your lips were inches away from each other. "Getting sentimental? You know of all people that's a very dangerous thing to do." As you spoke, your cupid's bow barely brushed his. Moriarty could feel your cool breath on his face. He wanted to fist you hair in his hands and yank you to him to be closer. But he remained casual, one shoulder lowered and a neutral expression on to show how relaxed he was. Smirking, you looked up. You were good at controlling yourself. Your eyes remained undilated and face unflushed.

Moriarty moved so that his chest just only just pressed against yours. You wanted to groan aloud at the contact. You could feel his heart beat, and you were sure he was only doing this to check your pulse. Luckily, yours was just as steady as his. You dared to place your hand on his chest and trail it slowly down the side of his body. Moriarty simply arched an eyebrow as your hand slipped into his pocket. You pulled out his phone, holding it between your thumb and forefinger. Moriarty took it from you with darkened eyes as he turned away to reply to the detective. As he typed back, he said lightly,"I will kill you. Eventually." He stepped further back with an almost sinister smile, but you only copied him with one of your own. "You'll get boring, and then one day..." Moriarty mimed a slit of the throat by drawing a finger under his throat.

"If you do," you smiled politely now,"I hope you make it interesting."

He smirked."Oh, I will." With that, he pressed send and pocketed his phone. "Now," Moriarty clicked his neck to the side,"shall we go? Sebastian will have a car ready for us by now." He held out an arm and you understood instantly. Placing a hand under his arm, effectively hooking your arm slightly with his, you nodded once. "Let's see where this game ends." Moriarty only gave you a snarling type of smile, one you returned with your own tight and polite one. You didn't know how this great game would end, but you were sure that the psychopath knew what he was doing. Someone would die and either way, to you, it would be a spectacular finale.