#20: It's okay, kid-Dean Winchester

A/N: People have been getting their exam results recently, so I thought I'd do this for the ones who didn't get the reuslts they wanted. Its okay. Grades don't define who you are in the end. I couldn't imagine any of character other than Dean that could deal with this situation right so that why I've written another with him. My next one is going to be a Moriarty imagine I think. Anyways, enjoy! 

~ Kiya221B

IMAGINE THIS

It was ironic how despite all the monsters you'd faced, all those times you felt anxious or frightened fighting them on a hunt, there was a person at the moment who scared you more. Dean Winchester. 

Your hands splayed like pale starfish over your stomach. A twisting feeling of dread was getting worse as time passed and it made you feel like you wanted to vomit. The fear inside you was telling your body to go weak, your mouth to go dry and your heart to ache. Truth be told, a part of you hoped that Dean wouldn't be angry at all. Maybe he'd understand. No, you thought bitterly, he's gunna kill me. You'd never liked it when Dean got angry. Unlike the younger more understanding Winchester brother, he always put the fear of death in you. If things got really bad he'd turn to violence, throwing books off the bunker's tables to the floor, kicking over chairs or even hurling lamps at the walls. 

One time, you caught him stood in the mess panting heavily. He'd heard you come in and as soon as he saw you his eyes looked wild, wide and untamed. Luckily, Sam arrived seconds later only to gently push you behind him and order you to go to your room. It was so long ago. At the time, you didn't understand what he'd been so furious about. But when Kevin Tran, a good friend of yours, was no longer to be seen wandering around the bunker, that was when you understood. You all grieved separately in silence for the loss of your friend. You knew Dean would never hurt you, he told you once that once after shouting at you for accidentally spilling a drink in his beloved Impala. He was livid, and at one point he even pulled the car to the side of the road just to roar at you. That was in the first month you knew the Winchesters, when they offered to take you in. You remember how you clung to Sam's flannel from behind, sniffing and blinking away tears as Dean sighed and crouched down to your level. 

You remember how he'd rubbed a hand down his face before managing to look at you with a soft expression. "Kid, I'd never hurt you." He'd said,"I may be hellish at times, but I wanna let you know that I ain't gunna hit you if I get mad. Never. You hear me?" 

Thinking about that moment made the sickening dread inside your stomach settle a little. But the thought of actually telling him about how you'd failed was still just as awful. Honestly, you knew you were making this out to be something bigger inside your head than you meant to. But the idea of telling Dean how you'd failed the huge Maths exam you'd revised months for was just plain dizzying. In a split second, you decided there was one person you could talk to first. You knew that Sam would be more understanding. Maybe he'd help you. 

Pushing yourself off your bed, your bare feet touched the cold floor. As you left your bedroom and walked down the corridor, you hands only clung tighter to you stomach. They twisted at your top, a ACDC shirt that you'd stolen from Dean. The scent of him was still in the fabric. It was like after-shave and leather. You entered the main room of the bunker, the area where you did most of your lore re-search for cases with Sam and Dean. Just as you thought, Sam was sat at the middle table with his head in a book. Various old papers and books surrounded him, his laptop open at the side with the lamp at the centre of the table lit also, illuminating his features. Upon hearing you enter, Sam glanced up with a warm smile. This settled your stomach a little more and you exhaled slowly. "Hey, Y/N." He greeted, lowering his book as you took a seat opposite him. "I thought you were watching Lord of the Rings. Did the hobbits get too boring for you?"