#4: Girls Can Fight-Edmund

IMAGINE THIS.

Who said girls couldn't fight? Ah, that's right, an idiotic and ignorant Edmund Pevensie.

Your hand grasped onto the soft metal of a sword, woven leather meeting the palm of your sweaty hand. It was time to teach Ed a lesson, one he would most definitely never forget. Just to unease him you rolled your head and shoulders, meeting his stare with a mischievous one. Ed gulped, his siblings laughing quietly from the side, he shot them a glare before renewing his cocky smile.

You both circled each other, you hand weighing the sword, it was fairly heavy but you could just about manage. Edmund was in a battle stance opposite you, an inviting smirk now on his lips. The swords being held gleamed underneath the hot sunshine.

Peter smirked, crossing his arms in an amused manner. "Be careful with the little princess." He said, his comment sounding like it was directed at Ed.

"I might." Edmund grinned, teeth flashing. You glared at him, your cheeks flaring up in a red glow.

"I wasn't talking to you, Ed." Peter chuckled, shooting you a wink. You giggled, tilting your head smugly to Ed who simply straightened and lifted his head indignantly.

You stabbed your sword in the soft grass, saying simply,"So, shall we get on with this? I'm not going through the effort of proving a point again after this, Ed."

Ed extended his arms invitingly,"If my Lady insists."

"How comical." You scoffed rather unattractively, rolling your eyes.

"Right." Lucy said, smiling,"The two opponents should bow to each other before a fight, then go back to back, take ten paces and then the fight can commence." Susan nodded in agreement, resting her bow aside as she pulled up her dress to sit down with her sister on the nearby by boulder. You looked down at you own dress, it was immaculate and lavish material flowed over your body. It was going to be a bit unpractical for a fight but you were sure you could get around it if you tried. Ed's disadvantage was the fact that he had big, heavy boots weighing himself down so that reassured you a little.

Peter clapped his hands together once,"Right, okay, are we ready to commence? I'm putting my bets of Y/N for this one." Edmund shot his brother a bitter look to which Peter simply shrugged,"Sorry, Ed."

Susan grinned, tucking a lock of dark hair behind her ear. "He's not sorry." You smirked smugly to Ed when Lucy giggled, meekly hiding her curved lips behind her hand.

"You sure you want a battle, Ed?" You asked Edmund, lifting a shoulder. You extended you arms invitingly, the sleeves of you dress lapping at your wrists against the soft wind. "You can still back out, I won't complain. You can still save your dignity."

"What's left of it." Lucy commented, Susan and Peter guffawing. Ed scowled, pouting out his lips as his hazel eyes darted back and forth between his family and you. He seemed to hesitant much to your delight but one look at your expression caused him to make his decision.

"I'm fine, thanks." He smirked, rolling his shoulders as he weighed his sword in his hand.

You shrugged again, non-plussed, and yanked out your sword also from the grass. "Right-o." You matched his expression, eyes leveling to his in challenge. Lucy scrambled at her dress for a couple of moments as she tried to stand up, her hands scratched at the rock underneath her as she tried to get to her feet on the boulder. You arched an eyebrow, watching her in amusement as Lucy wobbled a little in her long dress before finally managing to stand fully on the rock. Peter glanced up to his sister, smiling a little and looked round to Susan who simply lifted a shoulder.

"Brave warriors." Lucy claimed dramatically, ignoring how her siblings laughed. You and Ed couldn't help but raise your eyebrows at each other. "You are here today to engage in a fierce one-on-one battle. Whoever wins today shall forever be known as the ultimate fighter."

"Bit much, Luc." You admitted, smiling to her.

Lucy shot you a look and you instantly mimed a zip across your lips. When she was satisfied, Lucy continued, tucking out a handkerchief from her sleeve. "The rules are these. No hand-on-hand fighting, only swords. No verbal insults, that's just rude. No serious injuries against your opponent, please. No anything else that isn't allowed in a fight like this, I'm not really sure on the rules." She looked to Peter with an unsure look, Peter smirked, "Those will be fine, Lucy."

She smiled in relief before looking back to you both. "Right, warriors, stand back to back." You sighed, scowling playfully to Edmund as you both complied with her demand. "Now, take ten steps forwards. When my handkerchief drops, this battle shall commence." You both did again what she asked, then turned to each other again with steely expression.

Lucy's eyes darted between you both, her arm extending with the handkerchief only just being pinched between her thumb and forefinger. "Three..." She began to count down, you and Edmund glaring at each other. "Two..." You had at first decided you'd go easy on Ed, but now you had made the choice to go all out. He was not escaping from this easily. "One!"

You dashed towards your opponent before halting just before him in case Ed decided to pull one of his tricks on you. Without warning, your sword sung forwards but Edmund simply dodged to the side in one fluid move. He also made to swing at you, but you easily swiveled opposite his blade. You both circled slowly, sizing the other's strengths and weaknesses. Ed suddenly thrust his sword forward, only to be met by yours. Both shiny blades met in the air with a resounding 'clang'. When it came to the fight like this there was no honour, no code. All that mattered was the win and taking nothing for granted.

"Be careful, Ed." Peter smirked, tilting his head in amusement as you both leaned forwards with your swords before jumping back at the pressure. Ed groaned in frustration, you panting with a stupid grin on your face. Before the tension got too much, you lunged forwards again to clash steel with Ed. You held the blade even, a perfect, undaunted horizon; always leveled with the nose, just as your instructor had taught you. You smirked, you had stalled the Ed's blade, but watched a stained grin split the boy's lips as your blade shivered under the brutality of his compelling strength. You had to give it to him, he was stronger than you thought. "Sure you can use a sword properly?" Ed crooned, pressing closer to your face. His cool breath fanned on your features, enticing shivers.

"Ed." Susan chastised lightly,"Remember, no insults."

"It's fine." Peter waved to her dismissively,"Y/N has this under control."

You didn't react smugly to Peter's comment. Your face was unreadable, no fear, no invitational smirk. It was a blank canvas, leaving Ed to try and mull over your next move. He frowned, staring into your eyes as you stared back to him. Before he could do anything, your sword had quickly moved from his to his chest. You quickly flipped it on it's side and thrust it forwards, effectively shoving him over to the ground. You smirked to yourself, standing over him and pointing your sword just over his heart. Ed blew away a lock of hair, tossing his sword quickly aside and holding his hands up in surrender.

His siblings laughed, but Ed wasn't paying attention to them. He was staring up at you, a small smile of admiration planted on his lips. You were caught off guard for a second, but quickly steeled yourself as you straightened, trying to be intimidating. "So, you give up?"

Ed chuckled softly, shaking his head."Well, you do have me at the mercy of your blade, Y/N." He smirked,"I surrender. You win."

You smiled triumphantly before asking one more thing,"And do you now think girls can fight just as equally as men? Please, don't tell me that the fact I just went through all this to prove a point was utterly pointless."

Edmund was now fully grinning up at you, sweat plastering small curls to his forehead. "I'm sorry, I said girls couldn't fight."

You hummed, satisfied, placing the sword at your side and jabbing it into the grass. "Thank you." You sighed in relief. You stared at the sword in your hand for a moment and then looked down to him, a mischievous smile on your lips."Want a re-match?"

You knew that Edmund was one hell of a fighter, perhaps you could learn a thing or to from him. And so, the two of you had various battles for the rest of the day, Ed's siblings long retired to bed. Fighting with Edmund Pevensie had become one of your new favourite hobbies.