Long way home

" You won't tell him, will you?" Sue came right behind her, trying not to sound nervous, not to look too scared.

" Whatever," Jade kept on walking. Her back once again moved like cats in a room stuffed with unknown faces. A man grabbed her ass, squeezed it tight so it started to hurt. The girl did not search for him in the crowd, she just moved on. Her whole body felt like a big grave of pain. It was aching, the music sounded too loud, she breathed too many smelly bodies. 

Sue followed her, she could tell. Her perfume was the strongest. It filled her with disguist. 

" I know you wont!" she screamed at her back. " You're just as much in love with him as I am." that one caused Jade to stop. The face of her mother started flickering before her eyes as she turned around, controlling every gesture.

" I'm going home, blondie." she heard herself say. " I won't say a thing to Hudson, if that's your concern," she moved a little closer, so the ice in her eyes could not be misunderstood. " But, you can tell him, if he's such a friend of yours, that he'll find me outside for ten minutes from now on. If he wants to talk, we'll talk." and then, with just a little poison in her voice, she added:  

"Don't worry, your man is safe from me." 

Sue felt as it was good. It was as if something bigger was drawed her aside. Without knowing, she obeyed. 

Slash drank another glass and was reaching for more, when Izzy found him. 

" Don't you think you've had enough for tonight, man?" he asked. " The party has just started, I wouldn't spoil everything if I were you." Slash stared blankly at his glass, but made no answer. The other guitarist must have felt the change under his curls. He switched the subject.

" Michael offered us their people. He says he's going to get us high in the music world."

" What do you think?" Slash still observed his glass, without looking at his companion. 

" You know what I think ... Axl wants to score big and he's the one with the crazy tempo..."

"Do you think we can make it?"

Izzy said nothing on the subject for a while. He ordered a drink, full sized beer and went on thinking. 

" If we make it a decade, I'll be happy to buy us all drinks."

" Cheers."

The both boys drank. They were never friends officially, but the drinks tasted just as good as in the best company. It loosened their uncomfort against each other. Axl brought together two strangers, now there was a whole group of them. Maybe the time has come to talk, not only of band they were forming, but of people who were forming it.

" So, why are you drinking, really?"

"I like to drink."

"True," the other one said. " But on a happy night like this," he winked."Only a madman would drink more than three glasses of whiskey." 

" It's nothing, man... I've been thinking, that's all."

" About the future?"

"Mhm..."

"But not the future of the band," Izzy said knowingly. " You're way to worried for that."

" Noup, not the band," Saul laughed, but it was a hysterical kind of laugh, then he picked up the glass again. 

" Are you getting any, man?" he turned to Izzy for the first time. Now the other boy saw how darkly he smiled, the bitterness of his eyes. In a moment, he realized; Saul would never cry, and the silent respect for that English man in LA occupied him.

"Everyone's getting it in LA." he joked.

"Well," Slash said. "I'm not."

Izzy was just on saying something, he had it on top of his tongue, but couldn't spit it out, because the shock came from behind, knocking him out of place. It was a picture of blondness, but this time not Steven. Or Duff. The lady in a hurry leaned to say something in Sauls ear. With that, Iz saw the silent anger, painted all over his face for the first time. But he listened and then stood up, pushing her aside. Izzy caught her and still held her long after Slash left.

It was cold outside, autumn was passing by various streets of the big city. Jade stood in that cold, her clothes to thin, to stop the shivering. 

" You called me," Saul came from behind, choosing every step with carefulness. " You wanted to talk." She didn't look back, just tightened her shoulders.

"I don't want to talk. I want to go home. You have a car and I need a ride."

"Sure..." he put his freezing hands in the pockets of his ripped jeans. " But you do want to talk about something."

"You think I'm attracted to women?" 

"You said that yourself."

"When I was drunk and lying on the sofa. You're joking."

"But you never loved, hell, even liked anybody since Tom Sheridan."

She then turned around, narrowing her eyes. "How would you know, Hudson? You're drinking on your own, sleeping in groups, playing that loud music all day long," she imitated his grandma for the first time. In real life, she liked rock n' roll very much. But then in real life... "How would you know?" she spat again. " I'm walking home."

And she did too, tried to walk away, when his hands reached out with a clear intention...

Sorry if this one's a little boring. I'll make it up to you in the next one ;)