12

Things didn't not seem to improve, much like the weather. Reaching up slowly, Erik placed the back of his hand against Liesel's forehead. She didn't move, she continued to lean up against the wall of the elevator. They had rushed all the way back to the hotel, only while they journeyed it became increasingly obvious that Liesel was struggling. Clearly her earlier stunt in the bank had long lasting effects. Long lasting effects that she seemed her hardest to ignore and shrug off. Erik wasn't an idiot. Nor was he oblivious. He could see her paling even more and finding it harder to actually keep her eyes open. 

At one point through their return journey, he thought she was honestly going to faint. This caused him to clasp onto her arm and steady her and even pull her along to hurry up. The sooner they got back, the sooner she could rest up. But then the sooner they got back, the sooner the next part of their little mission would take place. And truthfully, seeing as how Liesel was, Erik had to seriously deliberate between certain things. Like leaving her here, and giving her directions of where to go to meet up at a later date. Or possibly talking her into travelling still, even if she felt unwell.

He couldn't leave her. How could he? But even still...she didn't look able to do anything right now. Removing his hand, he sighed gently. Her eyes opened slowly, and after blinking several times, she seemed to get them to focus on him. She felt cold, yet warm. Quite possibly a temperature mixed with her energy rebuilding. Hearing the doors open, the two of them exited and walked along the corridor in silence. Seeing as how she was petering off to go down the other corridor which led to her room, Erik stopped walking and watched her go. He frowned slowly, a small amount of reservation appeared within him as he watched her enter her room and close the door.

Readjusting the grip he had on the briefcase he turned and entered his room. Honestly, he did not wholly like the idea of her being on her own. She was barely conscious, what if something happened? As much as he would like to say Liesel was one for common sense and whatnot, he couldn't help but ponder over this. With a quiet groan, he pushed open his hotel room and shut the door with more force than needed. Pushing a hand through his damp hair, he threw the briefcase onto the bed and moved around the room. Not having much luggage to begin with, it didn't take long to find something to change into. His damp and drying clothes got cramped into the holdall with very little care. Zipping it up, he picked it up along with the briefcase and exited the room.

Hearing the sluggish footsteps beyond the door in front of him, he looked down at Liesel as she looked confused at the sight of him knocking on her door. "Sorry I'm not room service." He said while nodding at her, she let out a quiet laugh and rubbed her eyes. Moving backwards she gestured a hand to him.

"What brings you here?"

"You."

Liesel looked over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow. Erik sighed and shut the door, moving more into the room, he placed his things by the table and sat down slowly. He was quite glad to see that she had had the sense to change. Being in a rather cosy, but baggy jumper and pyjama trousers made it rather clear that before he appeared, she was hunkered down in bed. She smiled and sat cross legged on the bed, playing with the duvet she picked at the cover and looked over to him. "You're worried about me?"

"You fainted back there, and almost did again when we were coming back here. Is there reason for me not to be worried over this?"

She mused and shrugged slowly. "Sorry." She said instead of answering his question.

"Never apologise for succeeding in what was asked of you. Just try to not lay yourself out in the process, yes?"

Liesel held up a hand and nodded. "I give you my word."

"Good."

Rubbing a hand to her forehead she eyed him curiously. "Why else are you here? You're not solely here to check on me, what is it?"