42

Walking out of the bathroom and suddenly looking to the door when there was a gentle knock, Liesel merely leaned over and opened it. The happy smiling face of Raven looked back at her, "Hello there." Liesel stepped back and allowed her into the room. She had just showered and changed from her running around and training. Truthfully, she needed a good lay down in the bath, her ribs were killing her. She mused that she was running before she could walk. She wasn't healed enough for the pulling strain of shuttling about in a blink of an eye. Not that it stopped her. Oh no, far from it. She had to say she had succeeded in her experiment really. Nodding her head thoughtfully, she also thought she had finished training. What else could she possibly learn now?

Pulling the towel from her head, she rubbed it on her hair and turned to look at Raven. She had taken to sitting in one of the chairs near the fireplace. She was looking at her with that unfaltering smile, truthfully Liesel was starting to get a little worried. It was disconcerting to be smiled at like that and for it not to slip at all. "Are you feeling okay?" Liesel felt like she had to ask.

"Oh yeah, are you?" Raven smiled and nodded quickly while placing her hands on her knees and leaning against them.

Sitting down opposite, Liesel stopped drying her hair and looked at her oddly. "What is the fruit you say for feeling fine?"

"Peachy?" Raven couldn't help but laugh quietly over her confused moment of fruit being used as a saying.

Shaking her head, she flicked her hair over her shoulder and nodded. "I am peachy." Liesel folded the towel up and gestured a hand to her. "What brings you here?" She thought she'd ask instead, hoping she'd get somewhere with this question.

Raven sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I must confess, I am bored. Everyone seems to be off doing something."

"So as a last resort you thought you'd come hunt me out, because you knew I was here and not busy?"

"What? No! No I didn't mean it like that..." Raven trailed off, she was getting stared at by an emotionless expression and hard sharp green eyes before Liesel grinned and laughed.

"I know!"

Raven let out a relieved breath, and even put a hand to her heart thinking she'd offended the German woman for a second. "I also must confess," here Raven's voice dipped and she looked torn between having a giggling moment, and a hesitant serious moment. Liesel didn't quite like the mixture there, with a frown she stood and walked to the bathroom.

"Just spit it out, not literally...I never understood that saying, it is rather disgusting." Liesel said from the bathroom as she hung the towel up to dry.

"Okay, well, all I'm going to say is perhaps next time you decided to have a...a...small romantic moment, make sure there's not a possible audience."

Liesel came marching out of the bathroom, and stared down at Raven with a frown. "Oh, I am sorry..."

Raven laughed and waved a hand. "It is not me who cares really. I find the two of you are a very strange, but rather compatible couple. But Alex decided to make some childish comment, which set Darwin off on the defensive and Sean and I just sat and watched them squabble."

Liesel tilted her head to the side and looked to the window. "His childish comment would go down like a lead balloon." She moved over to the window and sat down on the seat. "Just...I don't care for teasing, but that's not to say we both pay no mind." She smiled and looked back to Raven. "Mocking and Erik is a very thin line. It's a very thin and dangerous line." Liesel shrugged and let that sentence hang for a few moments, Raven smiled and nodded understanding completely it seemed. "Now! I get the feeling you've also come up here to finally recruit me for helping you with dinner."