28

Hearing the quiet opening and closing of the door, Erik decided to just continue laying still and silent. Whoever it was, was now in his room. He could hear them shuffling about before finally stopping. Frowning and rolling over so he was no longer facing the wall, but rather the open space of the room, he looked about before looking down. "What are you doing on the floor?" Erik frowned and propped himself up onto his elbows.

"I have drawn the short straw, it seems." Liesel replied while opening her eyes. She just sat cross legged against the wall opposite the bed, with her eyes shut simply sitting and doing nothing.

"Meaning what?" Erik sat up and ran a hand through his bed ruffled hair. Straightening out the simple white t-shirt he ended up wearing to bed, he looked about before looking at the digital clock. "Liesel, it's barely nine! The one day that catching up on sleep could happen, has been taken away. So thank you, just means whatever reason that bought you here better be good." He flung his legs over the edge of the bed and rested his arms against his knees. Admittedly, he wasn't as annoyed as he initially sounded. He was already partially awake when she decided to come creeping in. Standing up, he stretched out the sleep from his limbs before walking over and sitting beside her. Picking imaginary dust off of the pyjama trousers he had been given, he looked to her. "Still waiting for an answer here."

"My room is next door to a giggling teenage girl." She never knew being next door to Raven could be a bad thing. Other than clearly when Angel was present and the two were gossiping and joking about. She had tried to go back to sleep when she returned to her room, only to fail because of the noise. The walls here were thinner than they seemed. That or Liesel had acute hearing.

"You were once like that, Liesel." Erik replied with a smirk. He had to admit he found her source of annoyance quite funny.

"Not giggly, I was not."

"No, you did have your moments though."

"Did not!" Liesel exclaimed and punched him on the arm. "Shut up!"

"The truth hurt? Am I ruining your public image by saying that you were once a giggly teenage girl too?" Erik rubbed his arm and swatted her smaller hand away from himself before she could strike again. "So you came creeping in here to get away from the noise pollution?"

"Pretty much, yes."

Leaning his head against the wall, Erik looked up to the ceiling. Sighing gently he tilted his head down to look at her. "How's that working for you?"

"Splendidly."

"Really?"

"Yes, your floor is really comfortable."

Rolling his eyes, he looked back to the ceiling. He couldn't help but wonder what everyone else who occupied this building was up to. Clearly people had been up for hours, those who worked here would've surely been up at the crack of dawn. Letting his thoughts slide, he nudged his shoulder against hers. Liesel's sharp green eyes came into focus and looked up at him. She had been staring into space until this sudden contact. "I take it everyone is up?"

"Truth be told the last time I went out only Charles was."

"Why does that not surprise me?" Erik muttered while shaking his head slowly. "What's he doing?"

"Reading the paper, why?"

"He's up early just to read a newspaper?" Erik's face turned to one of confusion. Who did that?

"I did joke about him guarding the fruit bowl."

"Yeah, somehow that doesn't surprise me." Erik said while pulling his knees to his chest and leaning his arms against his knees again.