67

"Admit it, you don't know where you're going." Erik had been following behind Liesel for the last thirty minutes, rather adamant she was lost and was just leading them about for no reason. At least the routes she was taking were all back streets and alleys. He frowned and shot her a look when he distinctly heard her mimicking him. He decided to just ignore her, if she was going to act like a child; he certainly wasn't going to rise to it and reply, that would make him no better really. He didn't want to indulge her, when she had these moments she was rather annoying, used to them or not, still annoying.

Erik got bought out of his thoughts as he walked into her, Liesel had stopped for some reason, and he didn't quite know why. She was standing looking firmly ahead, a frown on her face and her hands clenched by her sides. She was shaking, but not from sadness or fear, but seemingly from anger. He looked up at the building she was staring at, he could easily see the dried painted word on the window in capital letters: MUTANTS, that's all it said, even without Trask and his sudden hunting, people were already doing it before him.

"Liesel," Erik said only to watch and as she stomped a foot and ran off from his side. "Liesel!" He called out to her in a firmer tone. Did it honestly hurt her to think first?

She skidded to a stop in front of the building and cupped her eyes as she leaned close to look in through the window. "You don't want in there," a voice said from the side. Liesel looked up at a man. "Who knows what's still lingering." He made it seem like the mutants who were within, were harbouring some sort of contagion.

Liesel frowned, reaching forwards she gripped onto the man's throat with lightning speed. "What happened? You seem well informed, tell me...what happened?" Luckily enough the building was situated in a back corner of a street; with the day drawing on the shadows lengthened along the roads and hid them within.

"You should probably listen to her." Erik commented while taking to leaning behind Liesel and watching with an unamused expression.

"They came...ransacked the place, some were shot on sight, others taken. That's all I know, I swear!" Liesel had loosened her hold enough so that he could speak. The man still looked up at her with wide fearful eyes.

"You did nothing but watch, right?" She asked lowly. Wouldn't surprise me, why would this man get involved in helping those in need? It was history repeating itself: the weak, and the afraid were attacked and rounded up, while around them people just watched. This wasn't some show to watch. This was people's lives, and now these people were ultimately dead, or dying.

"What would you have me do? Intervene and help a load of mutant-" the man didn't even finish his sentence before Liesel let go of his throat and pushed a hand to his chest. In a moment he collapsed to the ground with a quiet thud. 

She looked darkly down at the lifeless form before letting out a very angry noise, irritatingly lashing out at the window, she shot at it and walked away quickly. Erik stood feeling a little bemused to say the least, that all happened really quickly. Stepping over the man's body, he moved quickly after her. Anger and Liesel was never good.

Grasping onto her shoulders, Erik pulled her back and to the side. Finding themselves in yet another horrid alley, he looked down at her. She stood with gritted teeth glaring down at the ground. "What was that?"

"Someone back home had family here...and they're likely to be dead; so excuse me if I lash out, slightly."

"You just killed a man, Liesel. That's a little more than lashing out." He stated dryly while she slowly looked up at him. He didn't sound like he particularly cared about what she did. That man was just another who let the inevitable happen.