37

"Guter Mond, du gehst so stille. Durch die Abendwolken hin. Deines Schöpfers weiser Wille. Hieß auf jene Bahn dich zieh'n. Leuchte freundlich jedem Müden. In das stille Kämmerlein. Und dein Schimmer gieße Frieden. Ins bedrängte Herz hinein!" Even before fully reaching the door, Erik could hear the gentle tone of Liesel's voice. It didn't pick up much in volume, she just seemed to be happily, yet quietly, singing away to herself in her room. He leaned against the door frame, arms loosely crossed over his chest as he merely looked into the room. Liesel sat cross legged in the middle of the bed, hands in her lap and within her hands she grasped a lightbulb. Every few seconds it would flicker on, stay at a stable illumination, and then flicker slowly off; the filter within tinkering ever so slightly. Clearly not used to having her sort of electricity flooded into it.

"Interesting," the lightbulb stuttered in lighting as she heard his voice. Her attention having been speedily diverted to him. He smiled and nodded his head in her direction. "By all means, don't let me interrupt you." He got a hand waved at him.

"Come in!" Liesel smiled and patted the bed beside her. She looked down at the item in her hands, yet she was minutely aware to him shutting the door.

"New party trick?" Erik sat down and leaned against one hand as the other tapped a finger to the bulb.

"Ah, well...I suppose," Liesel didn't seem sure how to answer.

"Charles's idea I take it?"

"Definitely. Unlike your idea which apparently involved a gun! What were you thinking?!" Though she wasn't surprised by Erik's idea of training. Honestly she didn't know what else she'd expect.

"You know nothing would happen even if he did pull the trigger, right?" Erik asked looking at her with a curious look.

Liesel pouted and waved the lightbulb at him, he gave it a quick glance as it sparked up. "Not the point!"

Raising an eyebrow, he rolled his eyes and sighed. "So...you've been lighting the house then?"

"What? No! I am not touching a generator, no..." Liesel said while warily looking at him and shaking her head. "Charles had this thought that if I could sustain something akin to a flood light, and keep it stable, then I could do the same with something smaller." She explained while handing the item over for him to simply turn over in his hand. "Something along the lines of: me learning to keep a level power being used, both high and low." Liesel pushed her hair over her ear and thought over it before looking to him. "Because...I always use small spurts of power...whatever, I think it is working somewhat."

Erik thought over it and nodded. "We both seem successful then." Pushing away from his hand he reached out and held onto one of hers. He placed the bulb back in her hand and watched as she simply flickered it before putting it to one side.

Liesel smiled awkwardly, "What brings you here, Erik?"

"Well at first I was coming to fetch you for dinner. But then I got rather distracted by the fact that you were singing. It's a little strange, I've not heard you sing since you were younger." Erik said while simply leaning close to her as she laughed awkwardly and hung her head. She hid behind her hair, or attempted to until he pushed the auburn curtain away with a finger. "I take it you are happy." He stated. People usually did such things when they were happy, right? Liesel's embarrassment shifted and a wide smile appeared on her face. She gave a sure nod and frowned suddenly at the door when shouting could be heard from down the corridor, and down the stairs.

"Dinner?" She questioned while he looked at her with an expression she couldn't quite pin down. He seemed rather reluctant to leave. Like he was more than happy to stay here. "Come on," she rather quickly kissed him before shooting off of the bed and walking to the door. It happened all very quickly that he had a hard time to process it before turning and looking to her as she called his name. "I know you seemingly like my room, but surely after the events of training you're hungry?" Liesel smiled as she drummed her fingers on the door, stepping back she walked into the corridor and held a hand out to him.