51

"What the heck did he even do to you? Repeatedly smash bottles over your head?" Liesel asked while tentatively brushing hair out of the way of one rather gory looking cut to the back of his head. She had finally managed to disentangled herself from Erik's arms and after giving him a stern look and pointing to a nearby chair, she managed to persuade him to let her look at his injuries. With some trepidation he allowed her. First aid and Liesel was something which never had crossed his mind. Honestly, he wasn't at all certain she even knew any; though yes, that was a rather unfair statement to presume on.

"Mirrors." He answered slowly and at length, wondering really how she would react to this information.

"Sorry?"

Erik sighed and moved, she frowned at him. She was clearly just about to start cleaning the cut and him moving had disrupted her. She lowered the gauze in her hand which had a few dabs of antiseptic fluid on it. "You saw that room, right? There were mirrors everywhere. It just so happened that I became rather acquainted with them in a rather short amount of time."

"You're lucky."

He had turned back to look at the things scattered on the table only to whip around and look at her with a frown. "Sorry?"

"You're lucky." She repeated. "I imagine you don't feel it. Your head must ache, if it doesn't then wow, you have a harder head than myself." She said while gently pushing him back around. He was making first aid a lot harder than it needed to be! If this was anyone else she would snigger about them possibly being apprehensive about the sting which would come from the antiseptic fluid, but this was Erik. She honestly couldn't really remember the last time he looked pained, let alone in pain.

"Do tell."

Liesel blinked rapidly and took to finally doing the task at hand. "You know these suits aren't exactly all that protective, right?" She looked briefly at the blue and yellow suit she was still in. "Especially around the neck." Which was true, there wasn't really much of a collar. "All it'd take is a shard to slip here," she traced a nail along his neck which caused a sudden shudder to come from him. "Or here," she moved elsewhere but didn't get the same reaction again. "And you would've bled out."

"Charming. Have I ever told you that you have brilliant conversational skills? Especially when trying to do first aid? Really, you could've chosen a better time to inform me of a possible death."

"It would've been slow, and painful. You would've just ebbed away on that mirrored floor." Liesel said lowly, leaning her hands on his shoulders so she could whisper in his ear.

"Stop sounding so wistful." Which she did as she quietly spoke away to him, he turned his face and saw her face tilted to the side, a small smile on her face, though it was a hollow look. She wasn't being serious on her joking, or rather she didn't mean what she said.

"I don't want you to die. I'm not thinking about you dying."

"I think you're lying."

"I'm merely dwelling on the fact that you could've, and that you are very lucky that a mirror shard didn't cut you somewhere fatal." She paused and ran a hand down and through his hair. Noticing how he suddenly tensed she reckoned she had found another injury. Seeking it out she cleaned it and stood back. "Did I really sound wistful?"

"Disturbingly, yes."

"Oh," she was silent for a few moments while merely taking to leaning her chin on the top of his head, which was easy to do seems he still sat in the chair, she made sure to avoid any cuts, as she simply placed her arms over his shoulders. She linked her hands together and sighed quietly. "I really didn't mean to. I am sorry there." Feeling him shift about, she quickly kissed the top of his head and stood back as he slowly moved to stand. "Say! I forgot to mention, I think Azazel is going to help me with my teleporting problem."