69

Sleep came peacefully for one, that one being Erik, Liesel on the other hand struggled hugely. She wanted to lay down, but laying down caused a tension to appear within her shoulder and side which was really quite uncomfortable. Sitting up was just equally as annoying; sitting straight backed against the head board, propped up with pillows, no matter the amount of pillows it still didn't stop her getting a stiff neck.

Erik got fed up, really, really quickly of her constant shifting, turning, sitting, laying, mumbling, sighing; the lot, he had had enough. In the end he sent her a rather withering look, she muttered something that sounded a lot like: "Stupid, Erik." And then went back to fidgeting. Naturally with being suddenly childishly insulted, Erik purposely turned onto his side, pulling the thin duvet with him. 

This caused Liesel to roll onto her back and she let out a rather short sharp sound of pain. Okay, so revenge wasn't meant to go like that. He did it just to annoy her, not to cause her pain. Turning back to her he was met with a hit to the chest and after that was done, Liesel sat up painfully. With a sigh, Erik sat up, Liesel was looking angrily to the wall opposite. He raised an eyebrow, that wall seemed to have offended her somehow. Reaching up, he placed an arm gently around her shoulders, careful and aware to the slight twitching pain which could come from too much pressure on one.

"It's okay for you." Liesel mumbled while leaning her head against his shoulder. After all, he didn't have constant pain stabbing at him like she did. The cut on his head seemed to not affect him, and the knock to the head and the side effects there had worn off. Erik was a little cut, slightly bruised, but he wasn't seemingly suffering like she was.

"Come on," Erik pulled her carefully, Liesel whined yet fell back against the bed. He managed to shift an arm under the pillows and elevate her slightly while she turned onto the one side she could lay on. He turned too and put his other arm across her waist. "Better?"

Liesel looked over her shoulder and nodded slowly. "Much."

"Good, because if you continued on. I would've seriously have moved into another room."

"Broken into another room you mean."

"Minor detail." Erik commented dryly. Liesel rolled her eyes yet looked to the wall opposite. Erik lifted his head up from the pillow and looked down at her. This was the most silent she had been so far. He thought it was too good to be true if she was asleep, and that was about right. She was just laying quietly looking straight ahead. "What is it?" He could tell when she had something on her mind, she just always had this look, something between worry and contemplating.

"I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Getting home."

"You're still thinking about that?"

"Aren't you?" Liesel sent him a confused look, her hands clutching onto the pillows slightly as she sort of turned to look at him.

"I am able to think of more than one thing."

"You can multitask your thoughts? And here I thought men were meant to be awful at multitasking." Liesel said, laying back down she heard an irritated sigh from behind her, she grinned and buried her face in the pillow. "Sorry." Her voice came out muffled, yet the grin remained on her face, not that Erik could see it.

Erik removed his arm from her waist and took to combing his fingers through her hair. He tucked the auburn strands behind her ear, she had stilled, he thought she had finally gone to sleep. She hadn't, mainly because he could see an eye peeking out from her half buried position. "Don't you ever sleep?" He wanted to sleep. He really wanted to sleep. He was asleep only to get woken up by her fidgeting about like nobody's business. Erik didn't want to go back to sleep knowing she was going to lay here awake and troubled with who only knew what thoughts travelling through her mind.