71

"Souvenir," Erik looked at Liesel as she whispered this. She tapped the hard hat on her head with a grin. "No?"

"No." He replied while the two of them made their way through the many stacks of storage crates. The large long different coloured boxes sat cold and motionless around the yard. In the dark most of them looked black, the pathetic yellow flood lighting which was present caused harsh glares of light to illuminate the area. 

The light rain of the evening pattered gently down onto the rather uneven ground, creating small puddles which splashed every so often when someone power walked through them. Finding the place in question was easy, Erik had been mildly surprised that Liesel did know where she was going. She led them straight to the building, and the storage facility where these robots were apparently being created and then shipped off.

"I may have kept an eye on this place." Liesel explained quietly while peering around a horrible orange crate. 

Erik stood by her side watching the men busy themselves around. There was quite a small collection, some stood close by ushering and directing where to put things. Some were behind the wheels of forklifts, the arms of which were supporting large bodies, motionless and inactive, yet seeing them like that gave them both quite a good chance to measure them up. They were huge, simply put, Liesel was certain that when standing the Sentinels would easily be the height of a two storey building and then some; they were gigantic. Honestly, she didn't want to face something like that, no way did she want to fight one of those. She didn't quite like the chances of survival. 

"What's the plan?" Liesel asked while pushing the hat up and off of her eyes. The item was evidently designed for men only, it was quite big on her head. It kept slipping and obscuring her vision, which was really very annoying.

Erik didn't reply, he just sent her a smile before slipping away from her side. Liesel hissed his name in a whisper, she clutched onto the crate side and narrowed her eyes. Unlike the airport, she was rather certain that these men would definitely not be as casual when seeing a woman suddenly amongst them. Even from her hiding place she could see that there were no women. Her appearing would be noted. And from there she didn't even want to think. She watched as he managed to get into one of the vehicles which was transporting the Sentinels to who only knew where. Liesel frowned, throwing her arms in the air, only to wince and put a hand to her shoulder, she stepped out from her hiding space.

He left her. Why wasn't she surprised? Letting out a short sigh, Liesel crossed her arms and kicked at the floor. Moving out from her hiding spot, she made her way to the exit. He had found out all that he needed to know to achieve his goal, and he had left her. Honestly, why wasn't she surprised? She should've seen it coming really. It was blatantly obvious a double cross was going to happen in some way. Or would that class as a triple cross? Considering he had already gone against Charles, he had now gone against her...Liesel pulled the hat from her head and tucked it under her arm, it was a souvenir now. There was no one to take it away from her, so it was hers.

Looking about, she frowned slowly. She needed to go find someone, anyone, pouting she kicked at the ground and picked up walking again. Maybe she could hunt Charles out again or something? Surely he was loitering around the city somewhere. Everyone seemed to be converging on Washington, only problem was: how to find one man amongst so many? She groaned with annoyance and tipped her head back. Glaring at the night sky, she blinked away rain drops and just ultimately decided to not bother. 

She'd aided where she could, she had given information where she said she would, she never said anything about taking part in a final fight. She was here just for information sharing. She'd fulfilled this, even if she felt hollow and empty and cold from Erik's disappearance. It was unfair. Cruelly unfair how easily he seemed to just leave.