25

The last thing Charles ever wanted was to perhaps have a loose cannon with them on this. He was not saying Liesel was one, but her sudden change in character had cause for concern. Whereas everyone else had settled, somewhat, into a routine, obviously not the newcomers, yet, she was struggling. And that struggle became even more obvious when she was split up from Erik. Though be fair, they did not part on very good terms so it looked like any sign of making up was out of the question for now. Looking at the woman who sat across the table from him, Charles couldn't help but frown. Liesel had her hands resting on the table, and her chin against them. She smiled at him while tilting her head to the side. She found this amusing, it seemed.

"We never really discussed the ways in which we found you. Or rather, you never explained what happened to you." Charles started to say while watching from the corner of his eyes as Moira shifted in her seat. Naturally she had told him the loose outline of what Liesel had said to her. Everything she said seemed to invoke a small ounce of paranoia. Moira believed that Liesel was privy to information, rather she knew what Shaw was really up to. Naturally Erik shot this down, rather vehemently at that too. He was close to storming off and asking Liesel for answers himself, if Charles hadn't stopped him. They all needed to know what happened, and if Liesel really did know anything. And if she did, and she didn't freely give what she knew up then things may get a little bad.

"No one asked." Liesel replied blandly, raised eyebrows and a loose shrug as she kicked her feet against the floor lightly.

"Consider us asking now." Moira answered instead of Charles. Her dark eyes narrowed, Liesel just flicked her eyes to her, even from that glance Moira could see she appeared bored, this was a trivial matter. Moira could also sense that no matter what was said to her here, she wasn't likely to dwell on it. Liesel didn't seem to respect her, Charles and Erik, yes, not Moira.

Liesel smiled at her and nodded slowly. Lifting her chin from her hands she gestured them at them both. "He seemed pleased," she started to say which obviously caused worried looks to be shared. Erik remained leaning on the wall behind Liesel though with his arms crossed and eyes shut listening to her. Out of all of them, the one who showed the most emotion earlier was now the calmest in the room. "Like...I do not think I have ever seen him look so pleased! All tricks and signs of success aside, even as a child I have never seen him look so pleased."

"What over?" Charles asked while casting a quick look to Erik, his eyes had opened a fraction from hearing her speak.

"Why he was pleased to see that his attempts at team building at such a young age paid off. Though he was not happy to hear that we were after him." Liesel said while looking over her shoulder at Erik.

"How did he know?" Moving away from the wall at last Erik sat down by her side and turned to look at her with a frown.

"Emma. She is the problem child in this demented faction." Liesel paused, "That and we weren't exactly very secretive were we?"

"What happened next?" Erik asked, seemingly taking over the role of interrogator. Not that Charles and Moira seemed to mind seeing as how she wasn't replying with a sarcastic tone or smile. She was taking this seriously now. Frowning Liesel shook her head slowly. "Liesel," he said her name in a stern voice.

"It was nothing!"

"You said that earlier!" Erik snapped back with a frown. "You seem to think that things that are ultimately important, are nothing."

"He wanted to catch up. He wanted to know everything I had done since he left us in the camp. I didn't want to say anything, because why would I? I didn't say anything. I merely stated I wished to go, and he corrected me in saying that actually I just wanted you." Liesel said with ease. "He...said he did all that he did to make us stronger. That, he did it for the greater good of our welfare, or something. He believes we're destined to stay together because he made such a thing happen, and look at us now. He said I interested him, and...that we are the future...he also called me ignorant, but whatever."