73

Pulling away slowly, Liesel wiped her eyes with the heels of her hands before looking at Erik. She sighed, tilting her head to the side she reached up and gently traced his features with her fingertips. "You look tired."

"Not all of us have the luxury of a hospital bed to sleep in." Erik easily quipped back with a smirk firmly in place.

Liesel scoffed and rolled her eyes at that. "Luxury, yes. Because it honestly does look luxurious, doesn't it?"

"It's an improvement of where I've been staying."

"You need to stay clear of those drug infested sex hotels, Erik, truthfully you do." Liesel said in a mock scolding tone while shaking her head. She was silent all for the matter of a minute before laughing. "You are safe though, wherever it is you are staying, yes?"

"Relatively." Erik replied, "So far no trouble."

"Because who would honestly seek to start trouble with you?" Liesel rolled her eyes. She couldn't think of anything more ridiculous if she even tried. Well, she probably could, but purposely fighting Erik was right up the top of the list.

"You would probably be surprised." Erik said in a thoughtful tone while brushing hair over her shoulders, most of the auburn locks had escaped the tie from her sudden movements. Liesel looked at him confused, his words pretty much signalled that he had clearly already crossed paths with someone. But then again, he was still a wanted man, go figure that the authorities would still be looking for him.

"You're...not hurt?"

"No." Erik made sure to cement that. He was fine, other people who may have tried to cross his path in an effort to lay low? No. They weren't fine.

Liesel let out a relieved breath before shaking her head. "What do you plan to do now?"

He gazed off to the side towards the window. Narrowing his eyes, he shook his head. "I don't know."

"Hm," Liesel reached up and ran a hand through his hair. He turned and faced her again which caused her hand to slip to his face. Stroking him gently with her thumb, she smiled sadly. "You're officially stuck."

"I don't think I like it much."

"No, being suddenly without a reason is truly...rubbish, and boring. Mainly boring." Liesel decided with a hum. "You certain you don't want to go hunt out the President and Trask again?"

"I'll leave them be."

"For now?"

Erik raised an eyebrow, "How about forever?"

Liesel didn't look like she believed him on that one. "Really now? Well that's interesting."

"Isn't it just?"

"Want to come back with me?"

"Charles won't let that happen, and you know it."

"I just thought I'd try." Liesel said with a coy smile. She leaned back and rested back against the pillows. She yawned quietly behind her hands before resting them in her lap. She looked to Erik, he did look utterly exhausted, like he hadn't had a decent night's sleep in ages. But then, both of them had been on the move constantly. It made sense that he still would be, in an effort to avoid capture. "You know," Liesel's voice cut the quiet content silence to a quick close. Erik turned more on the bed and looked at her. "Gretchen knows about me leaving." Erik looked confused as to why she was telling him this. "She bought me some stuff," Liesel nodded to a bag which Erik hadn't even registered was near the chair. He glanced at the black duffel bag and then looked back at her. "Charles...he doesn't know about me appearing on his doorstep."