47

"A quantity that has direction as well as magnitude, especially when points in space are relative to another. That is a vector. Consider me having direction, as well as magnitude by the bucket load, space and points are easy to get around; consider me being a vector, I am Vector." There was a pause. "Hey, you still awake down there?" Liesel reached down with a finger and pressed it against Riptide's neck. He twitched and his eyes shot open suddenly. He wiggled, pathetically, and from his laying position he managed to shoot a sidelong glare at her. She slowly smiled, being crouched on a piece of metal which was ripped, literally with thanks to Erik, from the submarine, she had a brilliant view of the poor squashed man underneath said piece of metal.

Truth be told, Riptide's situation was something that happened so suddenly, that he couldn't counter against it. Fighting multiple enemies was easy to do with his skills, but facing off against two people which seemed to work so well was something else completely. That wasn't to say that others he had faced were rubbish at teamwork. But Erik and Liesel's way of attacking was rather effortless. They more or less ignored their comrades getting suddenly taken and teleported elsewhere by Azazel. Most people would pay attention to this, yet they didn't even spare a glance; they had a mission, and that mission laid within the submarine. He was in the way, and rather on his own.

So naturally he sent a wide spreading attack at the both of them, which was something which the auburn haired woman, who he vaguely remembered the name of, look at him with wide happy eyes. Beside her Erik merely rolled his eyes, seemingly not taking this at all too seriously. He just casually continued walking at a fast pace towards him, and the submarine. Liesel had rather promptly discovered that any physical attack, or manipulation she could interfere with. Vortex winds were a field day. A small part of Riptide was still naturally attached to the small tornado which was heading their way, so of course she reached out, shot at it and pulled back and in seconds was nowhere in sight.

The sudden high intensity burst of electricity caused Riptide to pull back, the attack dissipated in the air and just before going to attack Liesel as she landed in the sand and smiled innocently at him, he found himself soon to be crushed to the ground. He was paying too much mind to her, and really wasn't paying any to Erik. And that was ultimately his apparent downfall. And to add insult to injury, Liesel purposely woke him up. She narrowed her eyes as she continued to smile. Riptide's immediate thought was: sadist. She'd purposely woke him up, knowing full well he'd be in agony. Yet she did it anyway, and to further add insult to injury she knelt on the metal, adding more weight to it while rambling about utter nonsense to him. He didn't care! What part of her thought he'd care?

Liesel pouted, "Where's Shaw at? I mean specifically. Erik wants to just go running through rooms and whatever else is in a submarine...me, I would like to know his exact whereabouts. So, Riptide, no first name given, where's Shaw in the sub?" There was another reason as to why she was asking, if Charles could not find him it meant that he was naturally blocked somehow. If she could specifically find out where he was, then she could very well destroy this blocking force, right?

"Look, Liesel, he isn't going to tell you. You were never good at interrogations." A voice from another direction spoke. Truth be told it was very hard to turn in that direction when pinned under metal. Really heavy metal. Needless to say, the owner slowly knelt down and looked at him with a pitiful look. "Hello." Erik merely said and watched as Riptide gave another ridiculous struggle. Narrowed blue eyes simply watched him as a whistle from above sounded out happily. This was the worst situation he had ever been in, that he could so freshly recall. "Looks like we're doing things my way. Get up, Liesel, leave him alone."

"Vector," she wagged a finger at him.

Erik rolled his eyes, "Trust you to think of a codename right now."