26

The introduction to Angel and Darwin went rather smoothly, to a point, Angel was a dancer, she didn't exactly go into too much detail of what that entailed; but the general gist that Liesel got, was that she worked as an exotic dancer in a club something. Although it was laughable to think of Charles in this scenario, he was too polite, and slightly innocent looking that Liesel wasn't certain whether Charles would know where to look without growing embarrassed, however, Erik. That was something which Liesel felt herself slightly dwelling over. It left a rather bitter feeling to bubble about in her stomach as she looked at the dark haired girl. Darwin however, Liesel found him lovely. He was finding everything so shocking, yet amazing and was honestly so laid back and relaxed that his disposition was contagious. For the first time, in ages, Liesel felt herself being relaxed too.

"So have you been here for long?" Darwin had asked curiously while lifting and crossing his leg over the over.

"A day, if that." Liesel replied. "Truth be told I did leave."

Darwin looked at her curiously while drinking from the cola bottle in his hands. "Yet you came back, why?" He was curious about those that were now surrounding him. The fact that he got told there would be others caused him to be even more curious. He didn't even know there was this small handful of people like him, let alone others.

"She came back because Erik came back." Raven laughed and teased Liesel who was silent and thinking of a reasonable answer. Beside the blonde, Angel seemed to laugh quietly, only her laughter wasn't one of teasing like Raven's was. It was a laugh that seemed sarcastic. Liesel's silence did nothing for her defence as they laughed even more thinking they were right. They were right, of course but that wasn't the point.

"Oh, so you two...are...?" Darwin's dark eyes widened as he gestured a hand in the air, trying to think of the best way to just come out and ask if they were together.

"What?!" Liesel exclaimed with a frown as she looked to Darwin, and what he was suggesting. "No." She said firmly. They were not like that.

"So you came back for other reasons that don't involve him?" Darwin asked interestedly. Truth be told he, Raven and Angel had been getting along with introductions when Erik and Liesel suddenly appeared in the room. After a few glances sent in each other's direction, Erik gave her a look and left. It was the look of: don't do anything stupid. Which warranted in Darwin believing she may be a little mischievous. But seeing as how she sat silent and frowning gently, he was beginning to think otherwise.

"I came back to put a stop to something." Liesel's enigmatic response caused looks to be exchanged by the other three in the room. Not that she particularly cared.

"Right," Darwin drew the word out with a nod as he looked to her. Liesel smiled awkwardly and leaned back in her seat.

"How do you like this place so far?" Liesel decided to ask, to the side Raven and Angel seemed to be talking rather animatedly. Seeing as how they were having their own conversation, Liesel decided she best strike up talking to Darwin. Otherwise they'd just be sitting in awkward silence.

"It's very...formal."

Liesel laughed and nodded. "It certainly is that."

"How long are we meant to be here for, exactly?" Darwin placed his bottle on the table and rested back in his seat. He stretched his legs out in front of himself and crossed his arms loosely. So far he honestly hadn't been told anything about why he was here. Something about stopping a mad man from starting World War Three, and that was about it. Oh, and there were others like him back at this base. When he was told there were others, he didn't really believe it. Or rather he foolishly believed there was a good number of them gathered. Not two teenagers, a sceptical woman, and the two males who came to find him. And now including Angel.