22

It was annoying really actually that the only clothes to get changed back into were the ones which Liesel had arrived in. It wasn't that she disliked the clothes which were loaned to her, they were comfortable, it was just...there really was nothing nicer than getting into clean clothes, preferably pyjamas, once a shower had happened. But no, her slightly sulking expression dwindled though when something was handed over her shoulder.

She was sitting on one of the sofas with an annoyed expression waiting for Erik. She hadn't heard his footsteps coming from the corridor behind her, yet the item of clothing in his hand caught her attention. Taking the cardigan from his hand she held it to herself, she inhaled the scent and smiled. Shutting her eyes she buried her face in the soft material before sending a smile up and over her shoulder. "Thank you!" Considering all of her luggage was back in Argentina, and who only knew what was happening to it there; she didn't want to know, she was really quite thankful to have at least one thing which belonged to her. It still smelt of fresh, warm air. Which was odd considering all that it had been through. There was the partial lingering scent which went with the male who had held onto it until now. But that was just a minor thing really. If anything it oddly added to the comfort of it.

Pulling it on she stood up slowly and buttoned it up. Erik moved around where she was and watched her do so. Once she was done, she looked at him expectedly. "Ready?" He asked, looking around he could see no one else was present to even notice them acting a little suspiciously.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Liesel nodded in return, in the grand scheme of things, this was perhaps the easiest thing Erik had asked of her. It definitely didn't come close to tailing an ex-Nazi. Or even trying to fry the circuits of all the electrical equipment in a bank.

"At least we won't need to be actually breaking into anything." Erik stated while walking towards the door. Opening it he simply looked both ways before exiting the room. He half expected to see guards positioned outside. Considering the looks they all received, it was more than clear there was very little trust between the people of this place and themselves.

"Apart from a filing cabinet perhaps." Liesel wished to state in a whisper. She opted not to speak too loudly in case there were people still loitering around. As yet they hadn't seen anyone, nor heard anything. Everywhere was dark, each room was dark. Shadows from outside crept through the windows and made the rooms look eerier than they actually were. In contrast it made the corridors look stark and bright. The lighting almost blinding in the contrast to the darkness to either side when they moved past an empty room.

"Apart from that." Erik said while noticing the room he had earlier seen the three walk into for some sort of meeting. He did find it odd however how he wasn't included, it wasn't like they hadn't seen him trying to sink the man down into the dark depths after all, was it?

"That's easy to sort out though, right?" Liesel asked while walking into the room and clicking her fingers. Being able to tune in and tamper with the electrics, she managed to light the room dimly. She simply side stepped as Erik moved past her and started looking over the filing cabinets in the room.

"As easy as sorting out the lights." He replied while running a finger over one keyhole. Hearing a click, he pulled the top draw open. Inhaling slowly he flicked through the files and shut it quickly before moving on. There were so many brown envelopes in here, luckily all were labelled, but it still didn't mean finding the one they specifically needed was simple. 

Deciding it was quicker with help, Erik opened all the locked drawers and watched from the corner of his eyes as Liesel speedily flicked through. She shook her head each time she didn't find anything in a drawer. It wasn't like they expected the file to be near the top, or front, but this was a bit ridiculous. In the end she took to standing beside him when she had checked all the cabinets he had unlocked. Eventually they exchanged a look though when he had found a rather thick file. Liesel let out a low whistle, that was one extensive file. Though really she wasn't surprised. Looking to the side as Erik placed it in a briefcase she hadn't even clocked he was carrying, she back stepped and followed him out of the room.