Her Royal Shyness

'You want me to search for her?' I suddenly blurted out, spilling the tea I'm drinking in the process.

Why me? I don't even know her.

My mother nodded in response. She looked at me as if she's studying my face. It seems like she has sensed the hesitation in my voice.

Leaning in closer, she held my hand and squeezed it. "Please son, do this for us... you know that we're good friends with the Emerald's."

Yes, I do know that for a fact. The Emerald Kingdom has indeed aided us when we had clashed with the Ruby Kingdom.

"But-" I tried to protest but she won't let me.

"No buts. I know you've already made plans this year, but we need to help them."

How can I say 'no' to her? She's my mother after all.

"Okay." That was all I could say. "Where is she?" I asked.

"According to sources, she's in Violetta and studying in Sterling Academy." my father explained.

Where on earth is that? I still need to search for that place? And why me, they have their own servants but they want a prince like me to do the searching?  Is she even pretty for me to waste my precious time? Just kidding.

"So what's her name and what does she look like?"

My parents stared at each other for a moment before turning to me.

"She's Princess Althea Brielle but...we really have no idea on whay she looked like." my father answered sheepishly.

"No photographs?"

"None."

Nice going Shaun, we all know that advanced technology is forbidden in Emerald.

Stupid, stupid rule.

"Okay." I sighed.

"I'll try my best."

---

Althea Brielle

It's been a year.

The darkness, lonely days are gone.

It's all for the best.

No more fake smiles...

no more tears.

But at the same time, I'm longing for them... my parents.

No.

You are not Princess Althea Brielle anymore. Get over it.

I am Alyssa Renee now, a simple girl living a simple life in a simple world.

Always remember that.