Ch 26- What You Mean To Me.

Yssa's POV

I hugged myself tightly as the cold air brushed my skin.

The snowflakes were falling slowly, dancing with the Christmas songs blasting in Jess' house.

Suddenly, I felt warm. I glanced at my shoulder and saw a leather jacket on it.

"It's cold here Yssa, let's go inside." Nathan grabbed my hand and then walked with me inside the house.

I smiled before hugging him. "Merry Christmas Nate!"

"Merry Christmas Yssa." he returned my hug.

"Hey, why are you in each other's arms?" Shaun appeared in the living room with a frown on his face.

"It's just a hug, jelly fish." Nathan smirked at him.

I giggled.

"Oh! There you are Yssa, let's go to the kitchen, we're making desserts remember? Jess' mom smiled before grabbing my hand.

"Boys, please put those gifts under the Christmas tree." she gestured at the gifts piled up in the table.

"Yes Ma'am!" both of them said in unison.

She chuckled before returning her attention to me.

"Your friends are crazy."

"I know right." I said then we both giggled.

Mrs. Miranda treated me like one of her daughters. She's a very cool mom. And they really are a happy family.

By the way, Nathan, Marco, Shaun and me were here at Jess' residence to spend the holidays with their family. Since we don't have this kind of celebrations in our kingdom, Nathan and Shaun didn't bother going home this Christmas break. And in Marco's case, his parents can't go home because of their work in other countries but Marco's cool about it, he understands their family situation.

---

12am

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Jess' little sister squealed in excitement.

"Merry Christmas Jojo!" we all greeted in unison and she giggled.

It's my first time to celebrate Christmas, and I'm happy that we're all together.

It's really a wonderful experience.

"Gifts! Gifts! Gifts!" Jojo hopped down her chair and quickly made her way to the Christmas tree.

I handed my presents to everyone.

I muttered thanks as I received their gifts to me.

After almost three hours, we've decided to sleep.

Jess and I were already in her room and the three boys were in the guest room.

"Thank you Jess!" I said sincerely.

"For what Yssa?"

"For everything. Love you Jess!" I hugged her.

"Aww, I love you too Yssa!"

Tears were welling up our eyes as we laughed at each other's silliness.

And after a few more minutes, we decided to sleep.

I'm about to close my eyes when suddenly my phone vibrated, I received a message.

---

Garden. Now.

-Shaun

---

I smiled, maybe he's mad because I didn't gave him my gift so I decided to bring it with me as I tip-toed my way out of Jess' room because she's already asleep.

***

Shaun's POV

I saw Yssa walking towards my direction, I smiled.

"So, why are we here Shaun?" she asked.

I shrugged.

"For you." then I handed her my first gift.

"Thank you, and this is for you." then she gave me her gift.

We opened each other's gift at the same time.

"A handkerchief?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I know you can't stop drooling at me, I'm irresistible."

She just laughed.

"A mirror?" I mimicked her reaction from earlier.

"Because I know that you're so vain!" she explained.

And we both laughed at each other.

"Turn around Yssa." she followed then I placed the necklace on her neck.

"It's beautiful Shaun, thank you!" she looks surprised.

It's a silver necklace with a pendant of a tiara studded with blue gems.

"It matches your eyes." I said.

She suddenly grabbed my hand and put a bracelet in it.

"Thank you Yssa, you made this?" I asked.

She nodded shyly.

"It's cute." I said then she blushed.

It's a handmade black bracelet with music symbols and my name stitched on the side.

"Thank you Yssa." then I hugged her.

"For coming in my life, you don't know how much you mean to me." I said it mostly to myself, I doubt that she heard me.

---

gracia's note:

Aww, I love the handkerchief and the mirror. haha!

:)