Ch 35- Just Fine

Yssa's POV

"Ms. Renee, are you listening?" Mrs. Mendoza snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yes Ma'am." I lied.

She raised an eyebrow at my answer but then continued her discussion.

Yes, I'm back in school.

Wonder what happened in the palace?

Long story short, everything is fine now...well mostly.

I'm happy that I reconciled with my parents. I missed them so much. We said our apologies to each other and it's really a heartwarming experience for me. They promised to be 'not-so-controlling' and I promised that I would not runaway again.

King Damon was dethroned from his position so the next king will be Nathan, but as of now the prime minister of Ruby will take over until Nathan graduated.

And about the scene that my brother did at the prom, my senior schoolmates agreed to not tell my secret to other people. And I'm happy about it. I also asked them a favor...and that is to treat me like before...just an ordinary student so that it won't be awkward for me and for them.

Oops, I forgot to tell. Cesar is my brother. My parents lost him in the war that happened when I was two and Cesar is just a year old but King Damon saved him. And my father is really grateful to him, because even though he didn't bring him back at least he's alive.

And now, my brother is spending some quality time with our parents.

So... I think everything's fine.

---

Lunchtime

"Yssa, let's go?" Jess offered her hand.

"Okay." but instead of taking her hand, I stood up and hugged her.

"Thank you Jess for being the 'bestEST friend in the world', I love you to bits!" I said between sobs.

"Why are you crying, silly. I love you too Yssa." she's also crying now.

I'm just so happy that I found friends like them, Nathan, Marco, Shaun and especially Jess. And now that the school year is ending, it tears my heart apart. I just can't let go of them. I can't imagine living my life without these amazing people.

But I know that we all have to pursue our dreams and no matter what, I know we'll stay in each other's hearts.

Why am I so sentimental today?

There are still three days before graduation.

If only I can stop

the clock from ticking,

the sun from setting,

the date from changing.

I would...but reality strikes, I couldn't.

"Cheer up Yssa, come...let's make the most out of our remaining days in highschool!"

---

Nathan's POV

Three days.

After three days, our lives will change.

Can I lead Ruby?

A big responsibility for a young man like me.

Can I forgive my father?

Time heals wounds. And I know someday, I'll forgive him.

Can I fall inlove again?

After my unrequited love with Yssa, will I found someone to love again?

I sighed. Why am I thinking about these stuffs?

Out of mind, I kicked the can of soda lying on the floor.

"Ouch!" a female voice reacted.

I thought that I'm alone in this pool area, but I'm hearing a female voice.

A ghost?

"You! Aarggh! I really hate you FISH!"

I looked up and saw my no. 1 rival in swimming shooting daggers at my direction.

"Oh Tricia. Calm down." I said thoughtfully.

"Calm down? Look!" she stormed close to me and pointed at her head.

"A hairclip? Sorry Tricia, but I'm not fascinated with girly things." I said.

"Idiot. I have a bump on my head because a crazy FISH hit me with a can of soda." she glared at me.

"Is that me? Oh sorry!"

"Apology not accepted." she said.

"I don't care." I smirked.

I like teasing her. She's very short-tempered.

I stared at her face to see her reaction. But instead of laughing, my jaw dropped.

This is the first time that I got to see her closer.

Those blue eyes were like Yssa's.

I must admit that she's very pretty.

What's this hammering inside my chest? Weird feeling.

---

gracia's note:

Still not over Yssa, are we?

Hehe.

Nathan, Nathan, Oh Nathan.

nowplaying: Not Over You

If you ask me, how I'm doin'

I would say I'm doin' just fine.

No matter what I say I'm...

not over you.

</3