Ch 37- Act Like a Lady

My 18th Birthday

Yssa's POV

"Happy birthday Yssa!" Jess, Nathan and Marco appeared in front of my room.

"Aww, thank you!" I ran to them and gave them a group hug.

"You've made it!" tears were falling from my eyes.

"Hey stop crying, you idiot! You'll ruin your make-up." Jess said to me.

"I'm just so happy." I wiped my tears and smiled at them.

---

"The very lovely debutant, Princess Althea Brielle." the program host said.

'And that's my cue.' I said to myself.

I took a deep breath and cleared my throat before proceeding with my speech.

"Most of you don't know me. I'm the girl who sits in the back of the class, who stays silent than be noticed by a bunch of eyes." I started.

Everyone have their full attention on me which only makes me feel anxious.

'Face your fear Yssa, they don't bite.' my inner voice said.

'I hate it when you sounded right.' I replied to myself.

Talking to myself, very typical me.

"I am not a perfect princess. I have my flaws and everything, and honestly I am a shy one.

Just standing in front of a crowd like this, scares me to death.

But because of the amazing people that I have in my life, I've learned to face my fear.

Thank you for being a part of my life."

I don't know what I'm talking about. Words just came out naturally, all coming from my heart.

"Being a princess is not something that you should be boastful about, it's not just a title of royalty but it's also a duty.

A duty to help the people around in every way that you can.

So to the people of Emerald; I, Princess Althea Brielle promises to do my best in fulfilling the duties of an Emerald princess and to be a helping hand to those in need."