Chapter 4: Waiting for Tomorrow

***

***

The day swiftly changed over time, the lovely orange and pink evening sunset disappeared along the horizon as the sky was now painted indigo blue. Spending time with my five favorite guys made up for the time we lost apart, I had a lot of fun with them and wished it didn't have to end suddenly. Sadly, none of us could control time and I needed to be home soon, I had to finish unpacking and spend time with my parents. After being away from home for most of the year, I really missed them, just how the guys miss their families and sleeping in their own beds to be away from the spotlight for a short time.

All of us stood outside, gathering around the Wahlberg's driveway before calling it a night and we weren't alone. There was a small group of Blockheads, New Kids fans, lingering behind the iron gate as they stood there for hours waiting to get a glimpse of heartthrobs or even have a decent conversation with them. I've had moments with their fans, many of them were very nice and even fun to talk too. Though, I know it was because I was a friend to the guys and not romantically involved with their future husbands. If I was, not only will I be breaking hearts, but also be the target on their list.

"So, tomorrow we were thinking if you want to go to the beach with us, Steph? And since you'll be with us, you know we're going to have lots of fun." Donnie looked at me with one of the craziest smiles on his face. Looking at him easily put a wide grin on my face no matter what, making me laugh as I heard Danny's deep voice afterwards.

"That's right! It's going to be real dope if you agree to come with us." He lit up a smile, revealing his dimples and placing a strong arm around me. Easily, I could feel the weight of his muscles on my shoulder. If anyone tried to mess with Danny, they'll regret it.

"Yeah! We could even find some really cool seashells on the shores, swim in the ocean, build sand castles, and even bury J in the sand..." Joe's blue eyes sparkled brightly in the night, his white grin appearing in my direction as Jonathan laughed at the thought of his brother in the sand.

"That wouldn't be a bad idea." Everyone burst out laughing at Jon's words, as I finally gave them an answer.

"Guys, I was going to say "yes" anyways. I'm in for tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep from the excitement." I gave them a smile, as Donnie looked very happy.

"That's our girl! Alright, it's settled! We're going to the beach." Donnie quieted down his voice for the girls crowding nearby. If they heard about our plans tomorrow, they'll be raiding the beach before we arrive.

"Stephanie, you and I can make sandwiches in the morning for the trip. We can also go to the store and buy food to last for the day." Jonathan offered his plan to me, I proudly accepted it knowing it was a good idea.

"Sure, that would be perfect, Jonathan." My lips formed another bright grin as he smiled at me. A lot of people usually call Jonathan, Jon for short. Sometimes, I call him by his short name, but really I preferred calling him by his full name and even he admitted he liked being called "Jonathan" instead of "Jon".

"Well, I guess we should call it a night and be ready for more fun tomorrow. Hey, baby, you need a ride home?" Donnie's voice filled the air again, staring at me with his clear hazel eyes and feeling his hand grasping mine.

"Yeah, I do. Thanks, D." I smiled at him, letting my brown eyes to wander over to Jordan's slightly disappointed expression.

'Did he wanted to give me a ride?' The thought ran through my head as I began to give each of the guys a hug and exchanged "goodnights".

The last person I came across with was Jordan, he gently pulled me in his strong arms and embraced me for several minutes. It could have lasted for hours, but we both pulled away from each other as I felt Jordan leaning into my ear.

"I really had a great time with you, Stephanie. And I'm looking forward for tomorrow. Goodnight." He softly whispered to me, his words caressed my skin. Jordan then kissed the left side of my cheek, catching me a bit off guard.

Since we were kids, Jordan always kissed my cheek, the same way he did with his mom, Marlene and his sisters, Sharon and Allison, and the same way I did with my family and the Posse 30, which was the number of all the moms and siblings from each member of the group with the addition of nephews and nieces, etc. It was a normal thing to do, but it could be the fact I liked Jordan a lot and the soothing sensation against my skin felt real nice.

"Same here, J. Goodnight." My deep brown eyes looked at him, seeing the perfect grin on his face as the butterflies tumbled heavily inside at the sight of his charming dimples.

Donnie and I watched as our friends walked to their cars, my eyes remained on J as they drove off in the night.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" Donnie brought me back to reality, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I stared up at his gorgeous burning ember eyes. Even in the pitch darkness, I could see the warm fire inside.

"Yeah, Let's go." I softly smiled at him as Donnie guided me towards his motorcycle.

As Donnie drove me home that late night, I found the window lights illuminating inside my parent's house all except for mine. This wasn't something new to me, my parents always left the lights on until I got home after going out with friends. The riveting engine of his bike shut off as Donnie parked in the driveway, taking my arms off his waist and landing my feet back on solid ground. Donnie followed soon after, taking my hand again.

"It was really great to see you again, Steph. I had a lot of fun today and I think I can speak for everyone else too. Tomorrow, we're going to have even more fun. I'll make sure of it." Donnie softly let out, taking my other hand and swing our arms side to side like a light breeze flowing against the leaves of a palm tree. I lightly laughed at him, there was never a time where Donnie had a dull moment, he always made me laugh.

"I'm sure it's going to be great! I had an amazing time being around the five of you again, I really missed you and everyone else too. I'm hoping we can do a lot while all of you are home." As I told him, Donnie's mouth spread widely into a white grin.

"That's right! We're going to do so many things, it'll be insane! I'll see you in the morning with the guys. Bye, baby girl." His lips caressed my cheek with a tender kiss, I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Goodnight, D. Drive carefully, okay?" I gave Donnie a big hug as he squeezed me tight and soon let me go.

"Don't worry, I will. Goodnight." He charmed me with a cheesy smirk, as I made my way through the front door.

Once I reached the warm comfort of my house and walked up the stairs, I heard the roaring sound of D's motorcycle speeding off on the road before it became a distant noise that night. As I made it into my bedroom, I began to plan out my outfit and bathing suit for tomorrow and changed into my comfy pajamas, hitting the bed and drifting to sleep.