Chapter 19: True Intentions

It's been almost a week since Donnie and I left Saratoga Springs in New York and spend most of our time home in Boston as Donnie became completely healed from his minor injuries which meant he could return to the tour and reunite with the New Kids. Our short time home was really nice, my parents were very concern when they heard about Donnie's accident and were glad that everything turned out fine as they explained about how worried Alma, Donnie's loving mother was in the beginning. Though her fear about the danger her son went through vanished once she saw her own flesh and blood standing at the door with a wide grin plastered to his handsome face before embracing her in his arms. That moment easily put a smile on my lips as after they finished embracing each other. Alma was happy to see me and embraced me tightly as she told me how thankful she was that I stayed with her son the whole time at the hospital which made my face blush a shade of soft pink.

Donnie and I once again were completely inseparable, he would take me out on his motorcycle and avoided the usual places we would hangout to prevent the New Kids fans from following us and crowd around the famous Wahlberg. Instead, Donnie would drive us to the beach where we would walk along the warm sandy shore as he rolled up his pants and let the cold water lap over our ankles until the day grew dark. Other times he would take a drive around the streets of Boston at night and order takeout Northside burgers, the best burgers on the east coast, as we would enjoy our dinner in the comfort of his home and ended the night seeing a classic Hollywood film on the television set. My time being with Donnie was unforgettable and I knew our time together would end up being bittersweet as we wouldn't be as close as we were before once we return to our friends again. Although I missed Danny, Jonathan, Joey, and Jordan...I wish I could have stayed home for a little longer with Donnie. The feeling of being close to him without worrying about anything was really nice almost too nice as I felt completely comfortable with him holding me close and feeling his sweet kisses touching my forehead and cheeks. I just knew that this was Donnie being his usual self and knew nothing could come between us.

'Are you sure about that, Stephanie...?' The voice of my conscience let out and what I believe had to be true.

For as long as I known him, Donnie always has been a caring and kind person to me. He was also a big flirt to girls and everyone knew that, so why should his actions towards me be any different now?

The city scenery passed by through the black tinted windows belonging to the limousine after Donnie and I took a flight to Chicago as we arrived to the small suburb city of Hoffman Estates in the early morning. Soon, the two of us would be at the hotel where the members of New Kids on the Block are currently staying until tomorrow night even though we were excited to be back neither of us showed it though it was pretty obvious that the fans tonight are going to be ecstatic when they see Donnie performing on stage with the guys again.

Actually, I'm positive the guys were going to go crazy having him back today and the thought of it made my pink colored lips extend to a gentle smirk the more I thought about it as Donnie's voice brought me into reality.

"Man, I'm excited to be back! I really miss the guys, the dance moves and singing on stage. That whole atmosphere in general is what I miss the most." His words let out acting like a child being in a candy store as he squeezed me gently and rubbed his hand up and down my arm with a bright grin on his face.

"I thought you missed the girls the most, Cheese." I playfully teased him, calling him by one of his nicknames and making him laugh lightly as he answered.

"Don't get me wrong, I do miss the beautiful girls but I completely forgot about them when I'm with you, Steph. You made me feel a lot better when I was apart from the New Kids and I'm really glad you decided to stay with me and keep me company. Our time together is what I've missed the most and even if you're not going to stay on the whole tour, I promised I'm going to spend more time with you because you matter to me more than any other girl." Donnie's words couldn't keep the smile on my face from disappearing while his warm grin widely spread exposing his full smile.

"Thanks, Donnie. I didn't know I had that kind of gift but I wanted to stay because I care about you and wanted to make sure you were okay. Being with you again reminded me of all the times we had before and I had a lot of fun. I'm really happy that I'm here, there were so many times I imagine myself being on road with you and the guys but my imagination doesn't compare to reality. If it wasn't for Jordan, I wouldn't be here now..." I leaned my head against his shoulder as the thought of Jordan entered my mind, I haven't thought about my boyfriend as often as I should have since being with Donnie for almost a week.

"Yeah, that's true. You really miss him, don't you?" I heard him speaking to me while feeling his small smirk looking down at me. Don't get me wrong, I do miss Jordan, he is my boyfriend and I'm looking forward to seeing him soon but I knew that chances would be slim on Donnie's promise to spend more time with me with Jordan nearby and part of me felt slightly disappointed of it.

'It's positive Donnie knows of this too and there's nothing to change that...'

"Yes, I do. I can't help having butterflies just thinking about him." I softly laughed to myself as Donnie started to chuckle too.

"Guess I'm not the only one then..." His humor made me laugh harder before my eyes stayed out at the moving buildings through the tinted window while keeping my head on Donnie's shoulder.

'I can't wait to see you again, Jordan Knight...'

Donnie's P.O.V:

The feeling of the fine girl resting against my shoulder continue to make my heart throbbed as when I told her about having butterflies because of Jordan too...it was a complete lie. These butterflies were because of her ever since that night I found out she was staying with me at the hospital and the feeling never went away. Being with Stephanie was almost like living out of a dream that sometimes I even thought she was mine and not Jordan's girl as I even had to pull myself back from losing control and stop myself from kissing her whenever I'm alone with her like right now. By the time the two of us reach the hotel before tonight's concert, Jordan was going to keep her all to himself again and he had every right too, she belonged to him even if I wanted her to be mine.

'I'm never going to stop loving you, Baby. Even if he has you, I'm not going to give up...'

End P.O.V