Chapter 10: Nothing to Worry About

The cool summer breeze blew through my long, wavy hair, I was outside in the park a couple blocks away from my house sitting down at one of the swings. There were a lot of families out here today, I loved seeing the adorable kids playing on the jungle gym just enjoying life. Sometimes I dreamed about having a family of my own, I would really love to be a mom and look after my kids like the parents here at the park.

Feeling myself getting lost in an daydream, I didn't realized someone taking a seat on the swing next to me.

"Somehow, I knew I'd find you here." His voice entered my mind, snapping me away from my lucid thoughts. It was Jordan, who made my heart spun in endless circles at the sound of his voice.

As I turned to face him, his beautiful chocolate eyes had been concealed by a pair of black sunglasses and his soft brown hair had been covered with a black snapback worn backwards. He was hiding his identity from the public, although, I could easily point him out like a needle in an haystack. And, no matter what disguise he tried to pull off, he would always look handsome to me.

"Oh, yeah? What gave you that idea?" Despite the dull pain brewing inside my heart, I gave him a smile. Jordan mistook mine as a real one and grinned brightly at me in return. The feeling was bittersweet.

"Well, I asked your mother if you were home, but she told me you went to the park, so here I am." He explained, asking my mom where I was. She loved Jordan as a son and of course told him everything about me, even the embarrassing ones.

When we first met, both our parents knew something would happen between us and it only took all of those years to finally come true. Except, Jordan was leaving in two days with the rest of the guys for their new tour and I was going to be alone this summer.

Suddenly, an awkward silence filled between us until he spoke again. "Baby, you know I'm leaving in two days..."

"I know, Jordan..." My voice barely sound audible to him. I knew this was going to happened, I supported him and he knew that, but it just seemed too soon to see him leave again.

"Come with me, Stephanie." Jordan was serious and his words completely took me off guard.

"What?"

"I'm asking you to come on tour with me. I'll be able to have you close to me when we're on the road, visiting every city across the states, sound checks, rehearsals, and every night at a
hotel where I can keep you safe in my arms. I don't want to go through another day of saying 'goodbye' all of a sudden. I want to be with you every second that I can give you, Stephanie. Please, say you'll come with me?" Jordan pleaded to me with sincerely, he took hold of my hand and removed his sunglasses so I could see the hopefulness in his eyes.

My heart easily screamed at me to go with him, how could I refuse? But I had to decline and quickly regretted it.

"Jordan, I wish I could, but you're forgetting I have to get back in time for school. Fall semester starts in the middle of August for me, I'm sorry but I can't, J." I fought the tears within my eyes and heard my voice crack. Jordan grabbed hold of my hand and gently gave it a squeeze.

"No, Stephanie you can! I spoke to Mr. Dick Scott about having you joining us on the road and he approved my proposal! We've gone through the touring schedules and at the very end of July, we'll be back here in Foxboro. You'll be back home in time before flying back to California in August. It all works out!" He expressed his excitement, revealing I could in fact be with him for another two months. Jordan was so thoughtful and the new smile of my face became a real one.

"Okay." My heart began pounding within my chest, seeing Jordan's irresistible grin revealing those adorable dimples which only made the butterflies worsen, but, in a good way.