Chapter 17: Donnie's Secret

Jordan's P.O.V:

After squeezing my girl one last time and kissing her deeply, I let her go that night and I felt hesitant at first but I had to. Stephanie decided to stay at the hospital for Donnie after he was being treated for injuries caused from falling through the trap door at the Raceway and the doctor even told us that he was an inch away from death. Hearing that our best friend could have almost died right then and there scared the shit out of me...out of all of us as were very thankful knowing he's still alive and going to be fine. Now with Donnie recovering, the rest of us had to continue the tour without him for a few weeks and it's going to feel different without all of us together but we'll learn to manage it, I just don't know how I'm going to manage being on the road without my Angel. When Steph told me about staying with Donnie, I could feel my stomach churning in protest as I admit I was somewhat jealous that he was going to get all of the attention from my girl while I'm away on the road. This sudden tinge of jealously all began since the start of the tour and I don't understand why I should even feel this way. Stephanie is my girlfriend and isn't the type of person who would break my heart by cheating on me and Donnie is my best friend, he's like a brother to me and he knows how much I love Stephanie as he told me he only loves her like a sister, nothing more. So, if that's true why do I keep feeling this way?

End P.O.V.

Once I embraced the remaining guys at the hospital after Jordan told them I was staying with Donnie, they soon left as they needed to pack up their suitcases in the hotel before heading to the next city. Jordan also explained that both Donnie's and my belongings were going to be dropped off at the hospital later tonight but I didn't really care about that now. All I cared about was Donnie and yes, I was sad leaving the rest of the New Kids, but I was coming back sometime soon and I looked forward to that day but right now I just needed to be with my best friend and be there for him. With everyone gone, I slowly walked back into D's room as he looked at me slightly surprised when I came back to see him again.

"Hey, Sweetheart, I thought you already left..." He looked at me with a wide smirk and I was happy that his injuries didn't hurt his loving bright smile.

"Actually, I'm staying here with you until you get better. I thought maybe you could use some warm company." My soft grin met with his lovely face, Donnie seemed really glad to know I was going to stay with him as I started to move towards his bed and took a seat beside him.

"That's very thoughtful of you, Baby Girl. I like that, but I hope Mr. Knight wouldn't be upset with the idea of you staying for me." Donnie let out speaking through his stitched tongue and letting his mouth form a smirk before I softly laughed.

"He's not. Jordan seemed to be okay with the idea, so everything is fine. I miss him but I know I'll see him again soon." I told him with a small smile as I caught his weak smirk.

"That's true." Donnie gave a nod against the pillows with the air around us became silent for a few short seconds as I cut the silence by letting the tears fall from my eyes. "Baby, why are you crying? What's the matter?" Donnie stared at me with pain filling within his hazel irises while I tried to explain.

"Oh, Donnie...it just scared me to death...when I found you being pulled up into that ambulance and you were bleeding so much and...the doctor told us that you just...just one inch...and you could've been..." The rest of the words couldn't function out of my mouth as it buried deep in my mind but he knew what I meant and slowly opened his bandaged arms.

"Come here, Steph..." I heard him speaking out my name gently as I began to wipe away the tears from my face and gently rested myself against him with his arms holding me carefully because of the pain in his arms. As I rested in bed with Donnie, I started crying it all out and soaking his clean shirt in the process but he didn't care while his hand caressed my back repeatedly in a way to comfort me and listen to his heart rapidly beating against my ear.